Hello Becky, welcome to the forum. Most of us have probably been feeling the same things you're going through, I was a youngish carer when i first started at the age of 15. So much pressure gets put on our shoulders especially around this time of year. I don't know enough to comment fully and advise...
Hello Tracey, Not sure if this will help you or not, i guess it depends on you're supplier. My aunt has just registered to a scheme with Severn Trent Water called Watersure, It allows you to use a much high amount of water than you would usually and have you're water bill capped to a much lower limi...
Hello, I kinda understand what you mean, I've been in the same position many times though due to different circumstances not entirely the same. My family do the same thing to me every time they see i'm look down and worn out. Their phrase is you deserve a medal.., I actually don't deserve one its ju...
Hello lisa.
Welcome to the forum..it sounds like a very difficult situation for you to be in.. I'm sorry to admit i have no clear advice on your problem. I'm sure others will be able to advise you better.
Hello Paulie,
Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the forum useful and get to meet others with similar situations or find some useful advice among the many topics we discuss :)
Hi Susieq, If that's the case then i think it's ridiculous. i can't believe they can honestly justify the fee, If the carer from the home is not required then he/she won't have to stop their usual work schedule and continue doing what they would normally. As Elyse said previously that she would be a...
Hi Elyse, This a first for me, i never knew that people in care homes couldn't get free patient transport to hospital appointments. I would try contacting the hospital and see if they can arrange the transport for you and make them aware of all his needs, Also state that you need to travel as his es...
Signed and sent an email to the local MP too telling him i've signed it.
Hi Scott, Welcome to the forum. Sorry i can't offer you any advice over direct payments, not an area i have looked into yet. By the sounds of it you're managing fine with the other things at moment which is nice to hear, Most of us here will only be happy to offer advice on a range of topic's. I can...
We are the glue that binds our families when all is falling apart, the silent and often overlooked support that makes sure our loved one/friends are cared for regardless of our own needs. Many of us appear in the eyes of those who have no clue as super hero's, almost invincible, If only they could l...