I realise that more people may read the "FEED" of this Q&A after the event. Always happy to get questions or ideas on the work of Carers UK. David
Contacting carers ? I look forward to the day when the Roadshow visits a deprived town area ... safe so far ... Sheffield could be interesting if held in certain postal districts ... a general one open to all comers as opposed to a selected few. Better still , set up in a town shopping centre ... s...
Contacting carers ? Therein lies another conundrum. CUK now centralised , carers can be contacted only through the grass roots. Like the two people setting off a degree apart ... after 10 years , exchange binoculars for a telescope ??? Not sure, Chris, that more centralised. We have active Nations ...
David ... food banks ... I know CUK can do nothing to assist but ... In the absence of any guidance " Upstairs " on the web page ( Only my " Blog " inside the forum ) , what message does that send to the 100,000 or thereabouts needing a food bank in the past year ... bets close to 150,000 as the UC...
one of our next opportunities to raise the carer cause will be on Friday November 24th - three weeks today - CARERS' RIGHTS DAY - this is an opportunity to make points to MPs in their constituency surgeries, or if they are attending a local event with carers. We will also be taking the case for more...
Survey ? Ask the right questions , one would get the right answers ? Whole thread earlier this year as to what was on it ... and more importantly , what was NOT asked ? Perhaps for members to compile ... we know the questions ... just ask our Lord Kitch ! Food banks / housing ... both absent. I was...
I have refused to sign any of the last three carers assessments as they were factually inaccurate. Needs Assessments likewise. The LGO is about to investigate. My son was granted Legal Aid in March, the LA has been slow to respond to his correspondence. It has taken months for a new MCA to be done,...
I have refused to sign any of the last three carers assessments as they were factually inaccurate. Needs Assessments likewise. The LGO is about to investigate. My son was granted Legal Aid in March, the LA has been slow to respond to his correspondence. It has taken months for a new MCA to be done,...
Thanks David. Perspectives ... from inside and outside street level in CarerLand ... difference btween reality and imagination ? Start off from the same point ... one degree in a different direction ... after a mile ... one would need binoculars to see the other ? Life is very different between car...
We were very pleased to welcome a lot of Carers UK members to the AGM and annual members' conference in London last month. It was striking how many were attending for the first time. There has been a lot of positive feedback. One thing we launched on the day was a new "We Care" project to encourage ...