Thank you so much DC-dogmummy & helena_1512. I've just given Carers Allowance Unit a call. They were lovely and very understanding. I'll get a letter in the post confirming I've stopped receiving CA, they didn't mention if they'd contact Mum but it doesn't matter. I'll keep trying to contact her in ...
I posted some time ago asking for advice on a difficult relationship with my disabled alcoholic mother. I was her carer and she was abusive, I wanted to stop caring for her but felt to guilty to do so. Long story short, this Saturday was the straw that broke the camels back. She was alone for the fi...
I feel terrible writing this but I don't think I can cope with being a carer anymore. I'm a carer for my mother who not only has physical disabilities but a lot of mental issues too. She has had depression since I was around 12 years old, I'm 25 now and she's just getting worse. She has "attempted s...
Oh man am I confused. I've been claiming CA now for the past year. I've earned nothing at all, CA was my sole income. I've been told that I was supposed to declare CA somewhere and now I'll owe money. I don't understand where I was supposed to declare it. Was I supposed to do a self assessment form ...