Hi Lisa Jayne, ESA IR and carers allowance cannot be paid in full alongside each other. However in some cases it is worth still applying, as a carers premium may be added to your ESA IR. It really is best to take Sue's advice and contact the helpline. They are experts in dealing with these situatio...
I believe we should be campaigning to get Carers Allowance paid at the same rate as the minimum wage - because we ARE working, darned hard, for up to 168 hours a week! Saving the government a fortune. It's not going to happen. If it did, and if hours on call were counted (as the European Working Ti...
Granted - it's whelk and plum ripple flavour.

I wish for one easy day.
Granted, but you'll have to muck all of them out! :lol:

I wish I could sleep for longer.
Pass

Wok and accessories?
<snip> I was hoping I could claim carers allowance coz I do all the washing, cooking, cleaning and help him get about and go to work 16-20 hours a week . If anyone can help me/us that would really help we are on the bones of our backsides trying to get by. Sadly, Kirsty, ESA has nothing to do with ...
Tips for Newbie Carers <snip> Alternatively, run - now! I'm being serious here. If you're lucky, you might only be a carer for a few months or a few years - if unlucky - you could be looking at more than a few decades. Bear that in mind now, before it's too late for you. BTW if you insist on ignori...
I feel you need professional advice but would walking poles be more trendy he could feel that they are more of a fitness aid. <snip> Agreed - I used a walking/hiking pole when my knee packed up a couple of years back and it was far better than a walking stick! 1) It had shock absorption 2) The wris...
Melly1 wrote:Hi Catja,
your posts are still on the forum. I'll contact Kate and see about reactivating your membership. The forum had an upgrade awhile back and we all had to re-register, but kept our old names.

Melly1
Thanks for that :)
If of pensionable age, so can not claim carers allowance; what then would consist Of 'Underlying entitlement' then? It adds a "premium" to the amount of money you can have as income before you're deemed ineligible for "income related (aka means tested) benefits. The difference is roughly £26 a week...