I think you would probably need to read your work contract, and also the terms set out in the arrangement between your client and your company When I worked in a residential home, a similar issue arose Sometimes, when driving one of the guys around, we would spot one of their friends Some staff woul...
So, so sorry to hear of your loss.
My own mum passed away on the 6th, and I am struggling enormously with the raw grief - despite logically knowing that her health had declined so much, and couldn't have carried on.
Again, I am so very sorry
My warmest wishes to you x x
Caroline, I gave up work voluntarily, and the income support was automatically given to top up the carers allowance. Hope you can get it sorted: I actually found that it went through fairly easily, no hold ups or anything. I would consider very carefully though, the implications of devoting your tim...
Hiya, I've no advice as such, but I gave up work to look after my mum, and its very isolating, so give it careful thought. I get carers allowance and income support, which makes up my money to around 110 pounds per week. Its a pittance - not enough coming in to keep up with bills, etc. I dont know i...
Hi Debra,

Could you phone the police without your son knowing?
How far away is the bridge?
Sorry if they sound like trite questions. X
Hello, I thought that the decision would be your mums to make, as long as she is able? Has your solicitor said why? I know there are people here with experience of these issues, so hopefully they'll be able to give you sound advice. I'll make sure to follow what is said, since I probably need to con...
Pass..
A cruise
Bethan, Would it not be easier (on you and your partner) if you had agency carers coming in to help you? No doubt social services are happy to let things stay as they are as it saves them money, but the current arrangement is putting your wellbeing at risk. I'm sorry youre having such a bad time, an...
Pet66, Yes, actually the (nice) social worker urged me to get power of attorney too. I can't see mother agreeing to that! She makes it her life mission to disagree with most things these days. :( I think she will just take it as more evidence that I'm after her money. She seems to be quite focused o...
Thanks Elaine, I dont pay out for any of mums expenses: I charge them all to her - can't afford to! Its just the 'wage' issue I was wondering about. It seems rather greedy and grasping to me, but something has gotta give, I think. I've a 500 odd quid gas/electric bill outstanding from summer last ye...