The House of Lords discussed this problem last week. I haven't read the transcripts yet but will hopefully get through that today. The important thing is to get the House of Commons to discuss it ASAP and start making changes NOW - http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/55245 Police are doing a g...
have you tried shaming the hospital on the NHS Direct website - they have a feedback page?
It is a good way to put complaints into the open so that the hospital have to reply or be seen to be bad.
I've had the same problem. The police can be very understanding and are far better than A&E but that is a disgrace. We need proper A&E services for the mentally ill.
If you saw the Panorama expose on how the mentally ill are forced to use the police in times of crises rather than A&E you will agree that it is time the Government and NHS changed this situation, and now. I've set up a petition calling for the government to create equality between services for phys...
If you saw the Panorama expose on how the mentally ill are forced to use the police in times of crises rather than A&E you will agree that it is time the Government and NHS changed this situation, and now. I've set up a petition calling for the government to create equality between services for phys...
I've done some more digging around and this looks like this question did the rounds back in 2008-9. I can't find the original details on the Number 10 website but a copy of their response to a petition was : "The purpose of the Social Security Administration Act 1992 Section 187 and section 45 of th...
I was interested to see an article and forum thread elsewhere that suggested that due to existing legislation, banks are not allowed to charge anyone receiving benefits. These were listed as including : • Income Support • Tax Credits • Child Benefit - must include many millions of people • Job seeke...
<t>Hi,<br/> hang on in there and try and remember the good times. I've been through very similar with my wife for the last 20 years and we had some awful times and some truely great ones. My kids are now in their 20's and we are still very much a united family. I went through depression recently cau...
some great comments in this thread. My original concern is around the emotive use of the term 'bounty hunter'. It suggests they will be able to earn a fee for every person they identify to the DWP as a potential 'fraudester', and that they will be roughless in their attempt to find them. There will ...
Hi, is anyone else concerned by this article in the Telegraph about the use of 'Bounty Hunters' to catch benefit fraudesters ? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/7935823/Bounty-hunters-to-cut-benefit-fraud-by-1bn.html My worry is if the 'Bounty Hunters' can contact people on benefits directly ...