Just as I expected, a week and feeble apology on behalf of his practice and glossed over the important bits. Ended up by saying I am free to choose another practice and if I was not satisfied with his reply told me to complain to the NHS or Ombudsman. I would love to go to another practice but its n...
I've had a reply to my letter of complaint. All it says is they are going to look into it as a matter of urgency. Do they mean it or is more hot air? This will be on a Wednesday afternoon when the practice doctors have a gathering and discuss their patient ailments over tea and biscuits. I would lov...
Hi Elaine
The nurse told me that the doctor is arranging an ENT appointment and the care home manager said it should be sent to them in a letter. I just hope they don't make her wait for the standard NHS 18 weeks .
Its taken the doctor over two weeks to reply to my first letter, so long in fact that I had written a second and even longer letter headed 'Official Complaint' and also handed that one to reception before receiving their reply. As I expected, he has glossed over the important points like why did two...
Hi Susan When the nurse failed to remove the wax for the 5th time yesterday, she spoke to the doctor and said he is going to arrange an appointment to have the wax removed by suction. Does your husband prefer the suction method as opposed to irrigation? No innuendo intended. The problem seems to be ...
Hi bowlingbun. Thank you for advice. I was hoping you or someone would tell me how to proceed and I will do as you say. I doubt very much it will make one bit of difference though as in my experience, anyone working in the NHS is a law unto themselves. Nay body cares and they are more concerned abou...
As some of you will know I have cared for my mother for many, many years and even though she moved into a care home in January 2016 (after numerous falls), I still care for her, visit two or three times week and amongst other things, do my best to ensure she has a regular supply of chocolates. There...
Thanks for the replies. Someone I met in my mothers care home told me they rent out their mothers house and provided they use all the revenue to pay the care home fees, they can keep the house. They did not say how much rent they get or if all the care home costs are covered.
I have recently been told that the best way to avoid care home costs is to move property into a trust and appoint trustees and beneficiaries. It will almost certainly need to be done through a solicitor, any idea how much its likely to cost. I have also been told that if you sell your home to a rela...
Hi BB and thank you for the reply. I have emailed SS and asked them if I need to make a personally payment, no reply yet. I have also drafted a letter to the care home asking why she needs to make a personal weekly payment. Not taken it to them yet as wanted to see the SS reply first, plus I don't w...