Im going to offer an alternative here. My caree has an acquired brain injury from a road traffic accident and he is showing similar symptoms to your boyfriend. It may be that your BF has Frontal Lobe Syndrome. He too tells me things that are not true, but he absolutely believes them - its called con...
Im going to come from a different angle here and you may not like what I am going to write, but I would like to tell you about my mum Mum has Alzheimers and is in a care home. She too is losing her swallow and has been in hospital with pneumonia and has had many other infections. She also has severe...
Hi honeypaws, do be aware that it may not be the antibiotics that is causing the hallucinations, anger and delusions. These are all classic signs of an infection (especially UTI) in people with dementia. If she reacts to lots of antibiotics then there is the temptation to "put it off" when she gets ...
Hi Frances and welcome. Im sure the mods will move this to an area where it will be better seen. First of all, Im so sorry this has happened to you. It is difficult when you are thrown in at the deep end. When claiming for carers allowance, it doesnt have to be just the physical caring side that cou...
Treasury rate is 45p per mile. By the way, I had a chuckle at this: COP very seldom grants Health and Welfare and even then its usually for specific things like turning off machines that are keeping someone alive. Hopefully not quite yet, though give this heartless government another chance and who...
I seem to remember that you are allowed to claim for petrol, but they have set mileage. Sorry - I didnt express myself very well there. I mean that you can claim a set amount of money per mile. I cant remember what it is though. I was told that I could claim this as mum lives a fair way away from m...
Crocus, out of interest how would the Health order help with the financial side? We instructed said useless solicitor to apply for both but it turned out he only applied for the financial one. We'll have to start all over again for that. COP very seldom grants Health and Welfare and even then its u...
However, my own feeling is that it is definitely in mum's interests to have those she loves caring for her, rather than strangers. That is undoubtedly true, but the COP is not for health and welfare - its for finances and there is very strict legislation. They would be able to pay professionals the...
I hold Court of Protection for my mum and with the COP its a whole new board game and because of legislation some things are counterintuitive. All decisions have to be for the financial benefit of the person and you have to account for every penny I think your sister has unwittingly fallen foul of t...
About CHC. You have to score severe in 2 categories (domains) to get CHC The definition of severe in mobility is "Completely immobile and/or clinical condition such that, in either case, on movement or transfer there is a high risk of serious physical harm and where the positioning is critical." A r...