Thanks guys,

This is the first time Mum has been in hospital for a few years & I was sure I'd read that I'd still receive CA for a period of time in the event of hospitalisation.

I'll be sure to phone tomorrow.
I was looking forward to my carers allowance being paid into my account (four weekly) but it's been shaved to two thirds as I declared my Mum was in hospital for nine days. While Mum was in hospital my costs went up with petrol, parking and general eating for myself while bringing Mum gifts etc. Is ...
Hi James,

It would be really useful if we could have a page on Carers UK telling Carers what they can and can't claim?

I'm currently just on Carers allowance and I'm pretty sure I am missing out.

Don't forget 100 heads are better than 1?
Hi Adam, I "think" I understand what you are going through, but everyone is different. I'm 40, male and care for my Mum after her second stroke. The only difference is that you've been manipulated into the situation and the family should hang there heads in shame, especially your Mums partner. Visit...
This forum has given you nothing but kindness and helpful advice, while YOU David, just throw it back in the kind, caring peoples faces. I'm in need of help myself but I'm willing to take a backburner as your needs are greater. Either you want help or you don't? But don't be rude to those who try to...
I get the feeling Mums bank is just going to shut me down, it's disappointing that in this day and age you have to spend 17 minutes talking to a call centre just to send a message to your local branch.
So anyways to help deal with the bank and their legal responsibilities, greatly appreciated!
Sorry for the long time in replying. Mum is refusing to eat, drink and I'm just worried sick. My Sister doesn't live with us and has been a no show since my Dad passed away, our Social Worker seems to think the sun shines out of my sister's bottom as they used to work together (awkward for me). I'm ...
Don't worry about appearing hard faced, I'm just glad for the replies and need to harden up myself a little. Mum was released from hospital 12 days ago following a 2nd stroke, back to our home on a re-enablement package, Mum and I live in a Bungalow, which is where it gets complicated as it's jointl...
Mum is way over the 23,250 limit, but as her savings are split between an ISA, Bonds and Investments, no one can touch her funds without a POA or COP of which I have neither. We are due to start self funding on the 26th November and I've been told Mum doesn't have the mental capacity for a POA and t...
Hi Thomas, While I can't help, I can tell you of my experience of the same thing. My Mum was diagnosed with Aphasia after a stroke in 2010, we were told by the SALT team that Mum's speech should slowly recover. As time went on it never did, generally Mum would hear a word and repeat it over and over...