Paul I can understand your Dad 'cos I'm slowly going the same way ! Once I had a high powered career, I travelled the world, went to lots of exotic far flung places. Then I retired, still had a varied social life, still travelled (albeit not so far) until Mum got Alzheimer's and then my world sudde...
Paul, DO HOPE you are still going to take the children to the Boxing Day Panto! If your dad doesn't want to come, then re-book him for the next day to you. YOU GO with your children to the panto - THAT is what they'll remember (and the sweets thrown into the audience as I recall - GOD what frenzy o...
Just wondering if this is normal? i.e. old people just can't be bothered to do anything/go anywhere. Invited Dad to pantomime on boxing day (we've already got tickets and there was a seat left). Nope doesn't want to go. Reason,. it'll be cold, I can't walk to the seat etc. I just don't understand - ...
Perfect plan- now you can relax. :D Yep. Hoping now I can get it like this for a few years. I've probably done 10-15 in a row now... Daughter is 4 at the moment so xmas is BIG for her. Wife would be happier if we waited until she was a bit older until we did xmas day with him again. Shes tolerated ...
Paul, great you've got Xmas Day sorted - make sure you tell your dad ASAP, so he knows that if your bro lets him down last minute, then, as you say, that's HIS fault (bro's) not YOU. You make sure you have Xmas Day booked 'for yourself' and tell dad he's coming to you Boxing Day, it's all arranged ...
Tell the 'friends' that it's perfectly OK for your dad to come over and see YOU - but your wife will not be in the house at the time! Ha ha yeh. It is amazing the attitude you get from people - "they looked after you so least you can do is look after them". People don't know the full story. As most...
Well, I think xmas is sorted :-) Messaged my dear brother and said since I'd had him every xmas day for last 10 years could we swap and I'll do boxing day since wife is working anyway? First thing he said, as expected, I'm on holidays. So I asked him where and had he booked it then? Next reply, no w...
It's a real shame that he doesn't realise he's continually shooting himself in the foot with his behaviour. I'm sure if he behaved like a reasonable grandparent your wife would happily have him over, let him sit and enjoy what is going on around him. Trouble is he's completely forgotten what "enjoy...
I sort of knew it was a timebomb waiting to explode again. First cold of the year and hes off again. Phoning GP etc. Wont be long before he starts on the ambulance again. This time I am staying out of it. I'm not even going to try to tell him not to phone the GP because they'll stop coming, neither ...
Ha ha - Jenny/Henrietta - you two are both stars!

Unfortunately, hes not that bad he'll know when its xmas day. Jenny - not sure I'm quite up for telling him straight just yet!