Louise this is a tough situation! Our neighbours smoke a lot of weed and it does stink; I burn a lot of incense and essential oils (things like lavender or lemon/orange oil are nice). Noise wise, as the obvious things haven't helped, can you try ear plugs or leaving music on very low through the nig...
This is rude, Scally, and I personally am fed up with the very small number of people on this forum who think it's perfectly okay to say what they like without any care about whether other people are offended by it. The mods do a very difficult and time consuming job and they do it so that everyone ...
It is amazing how caring these paramedics are. We had to call an ambulance out a few weeks ago for my daughter who was really unwell due to the heat. They checked her out thoroughly and although she didn't need to go into hospital they stayed for nearly 2hrs chatting and giving her a pep talk. I wa...
You sound like you're doing amazingly well, Kath, and I'm glad you're in a good relationship and that your mum is happy! It is nice to have our parents onside, even when we're grown up :)

Babbling away is good! What are you studying with the OU, if you don't mind me asking?
I think there's a big difference between 'can't and 'won't' :). If he genuinely 'can't' do something then that's when social services have to step in (but that means you stepping out!). If he 'won't' then that's his choice and not down to you to sort out. Perhaps you could just start off with someth...
Hi Lorna, I care for my son, so my situation is a bit different to yours, but as he's getting older, I'm starting to look at ways of getting my life back. I don't think anyone should settle for a life such as the one you describe. Other people know more than I do about social services assessments fo...
It makes a huge difference when you get support like that and it will mean an awful lot to the team to get that feedback from your email. Glad to hear your little one is feeling much better this evening :D Thank you, Sandra, he's fine now, I think he might have been up all night and he's full of be...
Thank you for sharing, MwC. Definitely good to hear the good stories too. Makes all the difference when professionals are diligent and genuinely caring. Also good that son seems to be over the worst of it. Melly1 It's amazing the difference it makes when people are polite and friendly, Melly! We ch...
Just thought I would write about our good experience as I'm always quick enough to moan so I do try and talk about the good things as well! My son's had a pretty bad day today and his seizures were worse than normal - not to the extent that I'd have called an ambulance but I was concerned and of cou...
Hi, I'm new here, but hoping someone can offer me some advice. I have a beautiful 17 yo who has so much potential but she just can't see it. She has always been a sensitive child which culminated when she was 13 with an eating disorder. She got through that but by the time she was 16 she had quite ...