Hi, I just wanted to add a couple of things that have helped me one is taking ashwagandha which reduces surges of cortisol. This is the stress hormone that surges in the morning to wake us up but can keep surging when we are going through extreme stress and can be the reason we wake in the night in ...
Thanks for all the help and advice. They've been taking photos on and off through the year as they've been treating the sore and it's been healing. They ask me each time and I have no objection as I think it helps them monitor the progress and there has been a lot, it's almost completely healed now ...
Hello, The community nurses have been coming to change a dressing on my mother for about ten months. The sore has been healing and the nurses visits reduced from day and evening to daily and now every other day with dressings left for me to put on if needs be. Some nurses have been saying the wound ...
Hi, I just wanted to say that we had to have equipment for my mum's needs and she has to sleep downstairs which entailed the moving of the back boiler as to sleep in the living room with the boiler was deemed unsafe. The amount of work was incredible but my reason for replying was to say that I've c...
Hi Elaine, Greta and Pet66, I had a confidence surge last night and was ready to start challenging them if they came again today but two older nurses came who have been here many times in the past. As it happened, the dressing was coming away on three sides this morning when I hoisted mum up so I to...
Hi, My mother who I've been caring for for 13 years with hardly a problem developed a pressure sore in January and to start with it was quite bad but over the months since then it has done remarkably well. The nurses both day and night nurses when we had those visiting too, would say how well it was...
Hi,
I found this...http://www.wheelchairmanagers.nhs.uk/Pr ... 0FINAL.pdf

I'm not sure if this service is across the whole NHS or just this area but you'd think it would cover every area.

Scruffy.
Hi, Just wanted to say that you might want to get a carers advocate if you can, not someone from social services who has just been labelled as an advocate for convenience prior to the meeting you mentioned. A carers advocate would represent your wishes and knows your rights. I've had cause to engage...
When I was a child I was chased by the police and told off for riding my bike on the pavement. If they can do that to children then I am sure nobody escapes the law when it's being broken no matter whether they have a disability or not. If they are in the charge of their carer then the carer must be...
In reply to Elaine's reply to you, I just wanted to say that when my mum had a blue badge and she wasn't able to attend the building to sign in person and in front of one of their staff members, they came out to our car parked in the car park nearby and got mum to sign it there. I don't know that al...