I am a sibling carer, 24. My sister is autistic, and diagnosed with cerebral palsy, learning disability, and a visual impairment. As she's older than me, I've (sort of) been caring for my whole life. I'm finding the transition to adulthood and independence difficult though, not having as much time a...
Hi thank you for your reply. She has met my fiancé, although I'm not sure what she was told by other family members about our relationship. You're absolutely right that it should be done a little at a time. My concern though is that saying things like "one day" are not concrete enough for her and wo...
This is my first post so please bear with me! I said in my introduction post that I am a 23 year old carer for my older sister. She is autistic and a wheelchair user, as well as having a learning disability and visual impairment. We have a great relationship. I have just come back from uni which was...
Hi there, I am a 23 year old carer for my older sister who has multiple complex physical, developmental and learning disabilities. She is really funny and we have a great relationship. A lot of things have changed in my own life recently (graduation, new job, engagement) so I've come here for suppor...