There is plenty of legislation to protect carers from it but nothing I can find to protect those being cared for! Funny mentioning Roy Castle as we were asked what kind of person my son would like to support him and after being drawn into all the qualities he wouldnt like I was desperate to find a p...
Can anyone tell me what the legal position is if we dont want my sons domiciliary carers to be smokers? The thing is that we end up having to clean sofas and cushions every time because they
have the smell on their clothing and we are all very sensitive to it.
It is Catch22. Social services know and have acknowledged that we need to pay a higher hourly rate to get the carers we need but recently they have flagged up a provider who on paper meet all the requirements but they would be sending us carers who work in their care home where some very sad and dam...
Thank you for your replies. There are no local support groups except a toy library for young children. I have tried and exhausted every avenue. After posting here I sent a blunt desperate email to someone who we had tried to find support with and failed because they kept sending us people with drug ...
I don't know what to do. Lost my husband 7 years ago and am alone caring for my two adults sons who are both Autistic. I have tried and failed for 7 years to find support. We have had a decent direct payment budget available for 4 years but i just cant find a decent source of support workers and now...