The Carers UK helpline should be able to advise you. I think it's desperately unfair to expect you to pay rent when you are caring full time. Consider asking the Carers UK helpline to go through mum's finances too, I can't help thinking that she might be entitled to additional benefits. Unfortunate...
It's a month ago I lost my father who was fighting terminal prostrate cancer. He was himself up to last 7 days. When his breathing and movement's become laboured. Luckily he was at home in peace. It's been 3.5 years and prior to this I was a self employed gardener. As my father became I'll I had to ...
Yes I payed for a blue badge for my husband who is in a wheelchair I have 2 young kids. We struggle to find a space where ever we go. Not enough is done to police them if you approach someone who is not displaying a badge you get verbal abuse. McDonalds worst place for it in Kidderminster. Able bod...
Definitely find your copy of the contract, or if you don't have it, ask them for a copy of the one you or mum signed. If it is not a signed contract, you don't have to pay. If it is signed, you do. Very clear cut. If they don't accept this, talk to a solicitor and also raise it with CQC. legally pa...
Reading online it sounds like carers allowance and carers part of income support will carry on for 6/8 weeks following their death. There is a tell us once service (in some areas) that allows you to inform all departments at once. As my father died at home we have waited for 14 days (in essex) for c...
Currently caring everyday for my terminally I'll father who has advanced prostrate cancer. I have asked my sister to be with dad for half a day as he never wants to go out anywhere and I need to get away from home. As feel I have put my life on hold completely and she has said she will pop in for an...