Thanks for sound advice. Sometimes we need to go back to basics, it is so easy to drift away in our ever changing situations. A big big thankyou to all who advised me about Attendance Allowance. I contacted Age Uk who sent someone out to help fill in the forms. Suddenly a post dated amount arrived i...
I feel you need professional advice but would walking poles be more trendy he could feel that they are more of a fitness aid. We use sticks, the pavements are so uneven and a dodgy camber can affect balance. We have found Tao chi helps, my husband has straightened out and gained strength, we have al...
Not sure what a sticky is but if it means the first thing newbies, like me, see on a site it would be great. Not sure where to put this. I have learned that infections do not always show the usual symptoms. E.g. Chest infections, no cough or raised temperature especially in older people. Two senior ...
Good morning, it is a bit like a roller coaster isn't it. With ones eyes shut never knowing what is coming next! Soooo tiring. My A, has vascular. Good days mean he makes plans which fizzle out. Yesterday he planned to do DYI, he forgets his capabilities. Starts then loses interest. Other times very...
I am new so just read your post. How brave you are, you do love otherwise you would not be there for so many people. You must find love for yourself too, just imagine putting so much love into yourself it just spills over to other people. We do need to care for our selves, but I do know how hard thi...
Thank you Elaine you are very kind, I do think we all have to remember that no one was born old! I am still trying to work out how I got into this Old body! My husband is in his mid eighties and has small vessel disease so his memory and cognitive ability have declined. When he has infections his be...
Good evening everyone. I am a newbie too so not being used to Forums I hope I am doing this the right way. I am the generation of elderly or down right old parents. I understand the difficulties because we dealt with our own parents needs. Alas, it is needs rather than wants in most cases. Trying to...
I too am on a new path, I suppose it is a matter of recognising that after a long loving relationship grief is a big element. Sometimes it seems easier to be compassionate to others than myself. I am trying to lower my expectations of my best friend and with more difficulty myself. We are still in t...