It can be quite difficult to balance personal growth with the practicalities of caring. Studying while caring is not easy, but it is possible and enriching. It gives the carer a different focus and the opportunity to meet with and talk to new people. It also enables the carer to plan for the future....
Hi Teri When you get to college, make sure you let your personal tutor (or programme/course leader) know that you are a carer. If you have any difficulties with attendance or submission deadlines, due to your caring responsibilities, keep this tutor informed as he/she who will guide you through the ...
Woman's Hour tomorrow (13.7.16) has an item on the loss of parents and being an 'adult orphan'.
Pleased to hear you got a deferral okay. Make sure you keep in touch with your tutors and let them know if there's any problems with meeting the new deadline. They will find ways through the university's regulations. Grief treats us all in different ways so don't beat yourself up if there are some d...
So sorry to hear of your loss, Alex. Re the dissertation, you need to email/phone your personal tutor and course/programme leader ASAP to let them know your circumstances (I used to have these roles). These people will direct you to the right paperwork for extenuating circumstances/interrupting your...
Welcome to the forum! You are most definitely a carer, with all the running around and feelings of guilt it entails. My dad was in a home for what was to be the last eight months of his life. Like you, I took things in, organised shopping, made sure he had trips out, dealt with health and social car...
Interesting discussion. Who will care for those without children?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03ymlc6
It's quite possible to have a PoA that isn't yet registered. The registration takes a little while though so it's more usual to get things done immediately so it can be used straight away.
Hi Carole and welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place for information and support. Perhaps you could tell us something about yourself and your caring situation?
I'm now a former carer. I looked after my dad for a number of years till he passed away.
Juggler
x