I haven't experienced being a carer for someone with PTSD but I am a carer for my wife that has other mental health problems and I have had combat PTSD for 8 years and have had counselling, medication etc for it. Whilst I will never get rid of it I'm learning to live with it. so maybe I could be of ...
Stay strong Elaine, my bpd wife unexpectedly got discharged last wednesday and her care team told me that above anything else I have to look after myself and learn to walk away when I need a break. It's really hard to do not least because we want to help our loved ones so much even to the extent of ...
There are certainly some idiots in control. we used to wear t-shirts in Iraq under our uniform and on the back it read............ we are the unwilling, lead by the unqualified, doing the unnecessary, for the ungrateful, Just living the dream. For the large part that certainly seems to hold true for...
I know the person being cared for has to be on pip and her ESA will be reduced slightly as she will no longer get the care component because that gets changed to being your carers allowance and you will no longer be able to claim JSA because if you are on carers allowance then you have to do 30 hour...
Hi, Smart watches usually cost a bomb and can be abit fiddley especially if you have big fingers, poor eyesight or anything so maybe you could look at getting a decent fitbit (got one for the wife so she knew how her meds were affecting her as she is on alot of meds and some make her sleep walk if s...
B -Bugatti
Hi Richard, I agree with mrsA, it sounds like your wife needs help sooner rather than later. I've had a similar problem with my wife except she has borderline personality disorder aswell so it's a bit more complicated. You said your wife has told you she either needs to leave or needs to end it all,...
:) this is good to hear and glad I could give some useful advice. saves a lot of money and a lot of laundry doesn't it :) simple yet effective. Improvise adapt and overcome all the best fella
Hi Henrietta, I think it would look pretty cool if they did look like Catherine wheels because as we all know with mental health it only takes the slightest spark to set our carees off and it can often feel like we are trying to handle fire. But it could also work if the semi colon was just one norm...
Hi gang sorry I've not replied sooner but due to financial problems my internet has been disconnected so whilst I'm visiting me dad I thought I'd reply to you. I have come up with an initial sketch but will be doing more. so on that note here is the initial sketch let me know what you think