I've got a free bus pass because I used to have a bad back that affected my walking. If you have a bad back/knee etc then you could get one as well. You need to get a form from your local bus station for a disabled pass and then get the Dr to sign it. You are then entitled to 5 years free bus travel...
If you take him to the duty drop in at Social Services and leave him then they have to take him. Just explain you cant cope anymore and thats it.Dont be calling them you have to physically take him there. They will do all they can to get you to take him back but if you've had enough and cant go on t...
A couple of things, the property your Mum lives in is disregarded for pension credit purposes,so it doesnt count towards her capital. Also you contributions towards the bills and food are not strictly "rent" as such, rent pays for just physically living in the property usually.I know its really hard...
Melanie , Have you considered renting out a room in your house?If you have to go on Universal Credit which is now taking over from JSA, I think you are allowed to earn about 7.5 K from a renter before its affects your benefits. Also you should be able to apply for support for mortgage interest when...
Hi Henrietta, What I've found is that a lot of people are really for themselves and only there for others when it suits them. If a friend repeatedly lets me down and hasnt got something really major going on in their life, then I just dont bother with them anymore. Basically those people are'nt real...
Hi Ring the G.Ps and ask them to ask the nurse who visited to give you a ring to discuss what was said.Also I'd be ringing the agency of the first carer and explain that she left inadequate notes and that its affecting your ability to care for the person.
Hi Charli, I would be having a think as well regarding what you want in the long term and how much you are prepared to put up with.Put yourself first and think about all your options and if you are prepared to become his carer and live in fear regarding what you might one day come home to. Wishing y...
That wouldnt work in my opinion Jenny, its like saying all the poorly people with broken legs/cancer etc should be shown people on their deathbeds.When you have depression your ill and feel ill as well, its not like a choice thing. Alex can your wife try to work out what it is thats causing her depr...
Hi Alex, It sounds like your doing all you can really. I wouldnt worry too much.

Thanks everyone for your contributions.
Thanks for your thoughts here, my Mum is wanting one of those woodland burials and the nicest place that I've seen is about 50 miles away.What I'm thinking is either direct burial for Mum and then a humanist memorial at the house where people like neighbours can come if they want.Or I'll go myself t...