Sarah you have done exactly the right thing in my eyes. You have the right to pull your own life back together. Who knows- once time has gone by a different relationship may evolve that is more meaningful and less abusive. IN the meanwhile if she needs care it does not need to be you who provides th...
Unfortunately it is my house where mum lives... so all my 'stuff' is available for easy pickings too- jewellery, computers, financial records etc. Hardly anything locks (only external doors) and my bedroom door and its frame have not been friends for ages, in fact a previous builder said it was too ...
My head is spinning! I have been in contact with the local neighbourhood police via pm on twitter; they would like to be more involved than I am encouraging. I do not need to lose all 3 of these people as they are my lifeline. I have been very angry and also feel betrayed. I have bought 3 small safe...
We have 3 care workers that I use regularly for longish sessions (3-4 hours) from different agencies at a time to enable me to go out to work (I do 2 days per week). They are paid either through direct payments or we supplement that ourselves. Although some of my work can be done on computer at home...
I suggest you all look at the comments / reviews on this:
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.nextdoor.com
As Next-door has a different purpose and a much smaller 'neighbourhood' I am not transferring to it which is sad as Streetlife has been very useful. :(
Oh dear Jean, so much of this sounds like my mum whose dementia is progressing in fits and starts. I don't think my mum is safe to leave any more either so can only get out when I have a care worker here with her- very expensive as her holding budget from the local authority is only just over £100 p...
Yes, I follow Mark's blog and was fascinated to read this one - insightful.
Hello Alison and welcome our Forum. Here you can share, vent and / or pick brains and experiences for things to support or help. It does sound like you have two people to care for in different ways.... tough! Hope the Forum is a help to you. :)
My mum is being assessed for her dementia at present so when this article popped into my inbox I read it.
http://www.upworthy.com/how-subtle-clev ... tia?c=upw1
Has anyone done anything like this for their carees?