No advice but sending hugs too.

I know you say your father won't consider Fortisips but it all that is keeping my husband alive so worth another go?

I guess if things go downhill, all you can do is call an ambulance? It is such a hard position to be in and i know you are more qualified than most.
No advice but oh you do have my sympathy and yes so deserve that halo.. Take care of yourself Henrietta - you are doing a 5* job in horrible circumstances and I do feel for you.
I can't even find members corner. Yet I must be logged in as my private messages show? Been offline for a whole week so not sure what is going on. My neighbours son had to take my computer as I had a virus on my main email so he needed to install Norton - an take off Mcaffee.
Welcome. My only advice is to keep a notebook and discuss how your husbands behaviour is affecting YOUR health and wellbeing. But yes VD can cause aggressive behaviour and mood changes especially if your husband is in denial. Try to take care of yourself too. There is a forum called Talking Point wh...
Hi and Welcome. I care for my 78 year old husband who has various health problems including osteoarthritus, lupus , psoriasis and deafness. I am glad you get some support with regard to looking after your son.
Have to agree with the comments. You sound exhausted and trying to manage a team of carers and work is maybe becoming less viable as your father's needs increase. But please do not let it become totally a 24/7 job. You seem to be very sensible in having thought of ways of dealing with the potential ...
No you are not selfish and I agree with your decision. Alcoholics can be a nightmare frankly and it is to a degree a self inflicted illness. My advice would be to write to her GP that she is a vulnerable adult and you are no longer caring for her on a day to day basis. I would also write to Social S...
Have to agree BB. I have let cats go when their quality of life has got beyond a certain level. So yes I think freedom from pain is the last gift we can give our loved one - animal or human.Of course it has to be controlled but I think most of us would agree what 'quality of life' is? For me it woul...
I cant seem to post either. tried this afternoon and have just tried now and it tells me I am not authorised to post on this thread.
I would write down what help he needs in a 'typical day'. and hand them the list discreetly. Can he get up on his own? Wash? Prepare food? Take tablets? Organise medical appointments? I know he is having problems with his Stoma and I would definitely tell them this. Yes denial seems common and I KNO...