Hi Lars, When my mum was having care workers come in from a care agency, including council when discharged from hospital- they had to write in a communication book in mum's house and also in my house when she came to live with me. The care workers had to write time of arrival and time finished. The ...
Hi Nicky and Lo It is old fashioned NOT to have flexible visiting times in hospital. I would state this to the ward manager. At long last my local hospital authority has stated that they have in the last month changed set visiting to flexible visiting to suit, family, patient and friends. The hospit...
Hi Sharon. I am so sorry that your Mum has died. My mum too died about 5 weeks ago. It is and has been an emotional time for me. You have 5 days to register the death but it can be extended if the Registrar agrees. You could also ask the Registrar if they do the 'Tell us once' contact to the benefit...
Hi I am not sure what the 'risk' could be? Is it to do with personal care? My mother had toileting care and wash down 'below' from both male and female care workers, and neither she was bothered who did it (as long as they were kind and gentle) and neither did the care workers have any problems. But...
Hi Jacqui Has your husband had a review from the agency recently? If this is a new request for care workers then the agency needs to be informed, so that an up to date care plan can be done for your husband by the agencies care plan organiser or assessor- with you there of course, to explain. I am s...
Hi Michelle and welcome to the forum. I am baby sitting at the moment so cannot reply properly just now. I am sure you will get more responses soon. I am a Carer for my mother and have a daughter in her thirties who suffers from Bi polar and personality disorder. This is a great site to get support....
Thanks for your replies Mrs A and Gillian.

I will speak to the care home manager and have a chat with her about my concerns, which will be Monday now when she is back in.
I and my husband also did ours within about half an hour on line and then got it registered straight away. All required areas signed. Sent off, back within 4-6 weeks. Copies given to each other (and to sons) and kept in a drawer ready for when it may be required in the future. Which may be tomorrow ...
bowlingbun, thanks for your reply. Mum had a continuing healthcare assessment from the community nurse 2 weeks ago and the nurse decided that mum did not qualify and that if her health deteriorated she felt that mum should stay in the care home with increased visits from the community nurses, which ...
Thanks Jessie04 for your reply. Yes, I did wonder if Mum should be having an air mattress when she started staying in bed, but the community nurse who was called in by the care home manager said that as the manager reported Mum's pressure areas as being very good - 2 weeks ago, then she didn't need ...