No they don't take into account the value of the house. It is based on income & savings. There should be details on the income or savings limits for your area on your council website. If you own your own home the debt becomes a charge on your house. Ours is there for 10 years. This means if we sell ...
We received significant work through a Disabled Facilities Grant - a concrete wheelchair ramp to the front door and a total bathroom conversion to a wetroom. We rung adult social care & got an OT referral stating that it was urgent - which it was. She came out within a couple of weeks and assessed t...
Once you inform the Carers Allowance people that you are going self employed they will send out various forms at regular intervals. Basically they will want to see your accounts to see that you are only making less than £116 per week. When I started I think I got a form every few months but now I ju...
Having been through a disabled facilities grant all I can say is - be prepared to go to war! My husband had a ramp built for the front door and a wetroom created from the bathroom which took 2.5 years all told & nearly drove me to a breakdown. It would have taken a lot longer had I not spent copious...
Surely it depends whose mobility payments pay for the wheelchair accessible vehicle. If the car is paid for from your grandson's mobility component of the DLA/PIP payment then the car needs to be available for his use. It isn't his mother's to use as she wishes but needs to be available for his use ...
Carers Allowance is a taxable benefit so will need to be declared as such on your self assessment tax form. Ring the Carers Allowance department to declare that you are now self employed & give them the date. They will want to see the accounts on a regular basis. When i began my self employment they...
My husband didn't have a medical & was assessed solely on the forms & paperwork we sent in.
When we mentioned this to a charity support worker he said that was very unusual & he'd not heard of it before. People with a much worse disability to my husband were still having assessments.
We have a hoist for my husband's wheelchair. Originally it was for a scooter but when he changed to a power chair we had the bracket changed over. It is fantastic as there is no lifting required just looping the hoist straps onto the wheelchair bracket. If you google mobility car adaptions in your l...
It depends where you live in the UK. I suggest you look here

https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school

for details. In England they have to stay in education or training until 18 now - it changed 2 years ago.
Eun - my husband has just bought his first electric wheelchair & wonders why he didn't do it earlier. He bought - http://www.careco.co.uk/item-p-wc09054/excel-venture-powerchair-with-elevating-seat.htm?gclid=CJHE9ZOUqckCFSkXwwodqlMFtA We find that it folds down very compactly. It is fractionally wid...