We are on lists People! Both District Nurses & Social Services now have Mum on their lists :D Even more unbelievable is a Community Nurse (presumably 'district' as was? ) came out the very next day & has arranged the Hazardous Waste collection & that starts this week. She did offer the NHS pads but ...
To eat healthy is [/i] expensive, particularly when you have a family to feed too. Take apples as just one example: currently £1:50 for a bag of 5, family of 5 has one each a day & that's £10:50 a week for just one of our 5-a-day. Those are not the fancy varieties - being mostly gala or Braeburn - &...
Thank you Bowling, yes it's Mum's cash...out of courtesy I asked my sister for an opinion on the washing machine - by text, that I've kept for proof ;) - more because of the cost involved than asking for permission.
Hi Cynthia I'd suggest you get straight back to sister and get her to name and book the weekends she can do. Ask for more than you want then let her think she's won by negotiating down. She can't have something booked for each weekend in the future, not that are more important than Mum anyway ;) Do...
Mum's washing machine started making funny noises so I got a new one (haven't they got pricey :shock: ) & I'm getting new pots & pans & things as hers are getting past their best. I also invested in one of those steam cleaners - looks a bit like an electric broom - to freshen up the bits that can't ...
One or two ladies have been round to look at the height of the furniture & put support rails in the bathroom, that kind of thing...thinking about it, they may have been physio rather than social workers. Between Mum & I we get Carers doo-dah, Assistance thingy & something else but I must get on to t...
Hi All... I had a bit of a wobble over the weekend & No1 Child got quite angry with me, or rather, on my behalf :blush: There was no come-back from me because every word was a truth I guess I needed to hear... My wun da fuel older sibling left Mum's xmas present with my children; her husband is poor...
Things are moving on at quite a pace & that surprises me as I thought Dementia was a gradual decline. Then again, Mum is getting closer to a telegram from Buck 'ouse than probably most others on here... We have sundowning virtually from breakfast to bedtime, wanting to go home & why is "my husband" ...
... by the way are the young men good at waving palm fans and generally looking 'pretty' ? Most of the male-type persons I've invited to join us are most definitely of the eye candy variety ;) Excellent idea to party here; no trouble finding enough fridge space to keep things cool because who can r...
As I'm in polite company I shall not post what we call her but needless to say, we find cow pats are better received cuz at least they are useful :D