This is really a wonderful thing that you are doing. I thank you for your service to the community and to careers in general. I am in the career of nursing and activities and I have seen a few things that have been positive regarding the caring for the community. One of the things is actually making...
My birthday is March 1. I was born in 1977. This year, I will be 40 years old this year and I was born in Boulder, Colorado.
I am so sorry that she is going through this. I have been there and it is so hard. I totally understand what you are going through. I too have not slept well before. What I did are these things: 1. I have read a book. 2. I have worked in the middle of the night. 3. I have watched TV in the middle of...
That sounds like fun! I have to admit that I have never been to the forum Christmas party before. This sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas. I would bring some music through the internet if that would be good for the party. Thank you for inviting me to come to this wonderful party.
I enjoyed reading your discussion forum posting and I have been there before. I have been there where I was not reimbursed for the travel work that I did and I spoke about it to my director and I was reimbursed from one job, but not the other job and that made me upset because I worked hard and shou...
I would do internet research on certain career types that you would be interested in. I would do a Google Search on the types of careers that you would want to do and get started with that. I would look into home health care agencies and get information regarding that aspect since you are very inter...
I really enjoyed reading about your story. Yes, I agree that it is difficult at times to get clients and loved ones to take a bath when they have vascular dementia. I have worked in the long-term care facility before where some of the clients do not want to take a bath. In fact, they refused complet...
Yes, a person can live alone and have dementia if the following things occur: 1. The dementia would have to be mild and the person would have to be capable of doing most of their ADL's by themselves. 2. It would be good if they had a friend to take care of them. 3. It would be good if they had meals...
I am going through the same thing with my mother and she has dementia as well and hard to swallow too. I have noticed many things about my mom that she can do like she can do small chores around the house, she can walk pretty well even though she fell in August and broke her right hip and her right ...
Wow, this is a really good forum post. It is well explained and very thorough. I am so thankful that I read this forum post. You are so correct in how to treat patients during the winter and the summer. Your tips are so well-written and thought out. There is a web link that is helpful in any first a...