Seeing as I have been named, I'll respond as I feel pretty offended by what Brett has said - and as he deleted his post, and I deleted mine so it didn't look nonsensical, nobody can see what was said. Brett, you made no mention of the fact that you cared for family members, just that you were a prof...
In my area, the rapid response ream is run by SSD. Their care should have been sorted before discharge, but nevertheless, SSD are primarily responsible for vulnerable adults in the community. My phone call would start saying that there had been a terrible brakdown in communication....she needed car...
Fiona, just a suggestion. I think you need to contact the district nurses again tomorrow morning, tell them everything you have told us -that she has fallen, that she has needed responders out twice in the last week, that she is lying in her own urine and expecting neighbours to clean her up. She ob...
Perfectly put Juggler, this sums up exactly how I felt when mum was approaching the end of her time on Earth. Thanks for sharing your thoughts x
Sorry Purge, but the title isn't clear. Are we talking about what surgeries should offer carers in regards to our own health and needs, or in relation to our caree? Or both?
Hello everyone I'm writing this on behalf of my partner we claim careers allowance for my daughter Cut a long story short my partner has been over paid CA and found that her pay is over the thresh hold. The error has occured with her getting a standard pay rise by 10p in July 2013. Unknown to us th...
Just appeal, making certain you reply within the given time, that's vital. I always send things like forms special delivery, well worth it. I've been to many tribunals, they are fine. Eventually I'm sure you will get the right result, just try not to get too stressed about it. Easier said than done...
I have been through something similar with ESA, when we claimed and they tried to put my daughter in the WRAG group, even though she had been receiving DLA, both high rate for care and mobility, since she was 5. I eventually won the appeal but it took 9 months and put me on the edge of a breakdown. ...
I agree with you Pete but just wanted to say something else, as as my Caree has LD and challenging behaviour. In this case, we have a careworker who is obviously caring about the people he looks after but it is obvious how challenging his clients are. If we look at this from the other angle, these a...
The more I read on this forum, the more I'm convinced of the truth of the following saying: Selfish parents have unselfish children. Unselfish parents have selfish children. So depressing, and so true. I've read some of the recent threads and I can understand why that saying would crop up - truly a...