I am well aware of that Eun, as the mother of a child with complex medical needs and a learning disability. I was just flagging up a petition that I thought others might be interested in signing. I don't think it has to be one or the other. We all have needs, but not every petition can deal with eve...
Please sign this petition: When you're old and frail, you should be able to get the care you need to live out your days with dignity. You've worked hard and paid your taxes - now it's your turn to be looked after. But the government is starving the care system of cash. Right now too many elderly peo...
How about an infrared heater. Apparently you can get them like curtains or panels, not hot to touch, they don't heat the room apparently but heat you (don't ask me how it works!). One of the ladies who looks after my son has one. In the rented accommodation she used to live in she wasn't allowed to ...
Dear Helen

I'm so glad to hear that your sister has apologised. Hopefully, you can both move on and work together now. It sounds like you have a good plan in mind, so I wish you luck.

Kind regards.

Emma
I completely agree with you, Jenny.
Exactly, Paul, so don't rise to the bait. You'll wear yourself out, you need to look after yourself, your wife and children. Dad just has to come last, tough but that's life. Let your brother deal with him, and as others have said maybe this might be the chance to get him to accept moving to a home.
Stay strong, Paul. There doesn't appear to be anything particularly serious wrong with your father does there, so no need to bust a gut to see him. You need to look after yourself and your family first. It's completely unreasonable of him to expect you to make such a mammoth trip, when you're workin...
Paul - Dad may expect it, but it doesn't mean you have to do it. You have enough on your plate. Your brother is much closer, so he could visit every day. Try not to be guilt-tripped into a visit.

All the best.
Emma
Merry Christmas everyone. I'm already here in my pjs. It's beautiful. Hope you'll all be here soon. :D

PS is it too early for a mince pie or a slice of Christmas cake???