<t>Hi Jenny<br/> I know of Sheltered Housing in Glasgow where a one bed flat costs under £100,000. I have actually been in those flats and they are very nice. There is a concierge there during the working day. He calls up each resident every morning and checks they are all OK and if they need his he...
<t>Hi Jenny<br/> <br/> I actually moved to provide the care. My parents were city people and I never was. I moved to the most rural area you could ever imagine - in fact they call it the edge of the world - I came back to the city after 7 years of floating (literally) between the two areas. I have n...
<t>Hi Sussex<br/> <br/> I had meant to mention you because I see it the same way. I was a daughter caring for a father and I was thinking of you and a now deceased carer who was in my real life who also cared for his mother. Did I not mention him? If I missed him out I am sorry I meant to include yo...
<t>Hi Eun and Juggler<br/> <br/> None of us ladies should have to bath or wipe the bottom of an adult male. I was embarrassed a few weeks ago at having to change a 5 month old boy, my grandson, and his mother was present laughing at my trials.<br/> I never got out much when I was still caring. My la...
Hi Sussex

The whole thing shows the level of people we have to deal with in our efforts to care for family. They are beneath contempt.

Duncaring
<t>Hi Sussex<br/> <br/> The Government agreed to health care from the cradle to the grave and they failed. They also agreed to pensions for women at 60 and men at 65 and they failed there too.<br/> An awful lot of failure going on. Today they are saying they have enough money for flood victims. They...
<t>Hi She Wolf<br/> <br/> The only way there will ever be change is if the country is brought to its knees over the care issues. There are two problems with that, We love our carees and will do our best for them. I remember the miners' strike and we have the Conservatives in power at the present tim...
<t>Hi Scally<br/> <br/> Reading between your lines I would say that perhaps the best people get the least money and the bad people get the most? Or Carers get sh@t on by all from a great height?<br/> In a different life I was an early battered wife. I learned from that and the first to benefit from ...
<t>Hi Jenny<br/> <br/> Your words "It is all so wretched". That is not a phrase I would have used, it is not the way I would word anything but I really do think that it covers the situation. Social Workers claim to be damned if they do and damned if they don't. They at least get an income us Carers ...
<t>Hi <br/> I was my dad's carer for nearly 20 years until his death. I thought I was the carer and that I did all the things needed done. Sure I was the one who did the shopping and the hoovering, I fought weeds and foxes in the garden too. I lived in a city and gave up my life on an island speakin...