Hi Elaine You are quite right and I've often had the same thoughts myself. In her younger days, in general, Mum wasn't a selfish person. She always taught me right from wrong and I was by no means spoiled, apart from by my Grandparents! Suddenly though, since Dad died in 1997, I think she feels more...
Hi there, I'm trying to tell myself this each day. It's easier today than yesterday, (that was the first day that Mum was definitely in care). I think I've a long way to go yet though as I can't eat or sleep. I hope I've been a good daughter like you said. I will continue to go on doing my best for ...
Hi Susieq I've already sat and cried my heart out today and still I'm wondering if I've done the right thing. I've not eaten now since Sunday as I can't keep anything down. Presumably this is my punishment! I don't know where Mum's going to yet. The social workers have angrily been in touch with me ...
Hi Bowlingun You are quite right about Mum's friends. I've thought the same thing for a while now. The excuse I had when I spoke to one of them two weeks ago was, 'well, we do have our own lives to lead'! I didn't dare answer for fear of saying something I shouldn't. I thought friends were supposed ...
Hi Anne, As I was replying to Jenny, your post appeared in my inbox so apologies if they look muddled. I think, like you said, although my Mum certainly hasn't got Dementia yet she is definitely going that way. She can't speak properly at times any more and just says, 'you know what I mean'! Sometim...
Hi Jenny Thank you so much for all your reassurance and advice. I didn't sleep much last night so I think I will be spring cleaning today to tire myself out! I shall be buying iron on labels as I can't sew to save my life! I gave up needlework at school and begged the head to let me do woodwork inst...
Thank you all so much for your support today. I'm glad you think I did the right thing in the end as I'm laying here at 11.30pm still 'looking at my Mum's grumpy face' and then thinking, 'oh God, have I really done the right thing?' My head says yes but my stupid heart says a big fat NO. It's tellin...
Hi Jenny We had two hours of arguing and the SW was desperately trying to persuade me that Mum should come home as she wishes. She told me I'm a selfish daughter who never cares about anybody but herself so with that I said a big fat NO. Ungrateful cow!! After all I've done for her over the years. B...
Dear Jenny Thank you for all your help and advice. It sounds like you've been in the same situation at some point. I hadn't been to the meeting when I read your message, luckily. My thoughts are much the same as in your email. I'm therefore ready for a battle at 2.30pm! The only thing that's worryin...
This is exactly what I've been trying to convince social services of for the the past three weeks, Bowlingbun. I think they just want her off their hands and it's back to 'care in the community'! They keep waffling on about how they'll support me as well but I've not seen any sign of it yet. I've al...