I want to bring to notice a conflict in understanding between the issue of Powers of Attorney, and the Mental Capacity Act 05. We have recently had cause to complain to the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) about the mismanagement of our son's care arrangements over many years, which has led to many ...
I would add that abuse can also be committed by any bureaucracy, and by anyone who works in it; e.g. something like a social services department, with perpetrators being from junior social workers to senior managers. By not paying attention to detailed procedures, and making judgements not suitable ...
<t>Has anyone else had experiences with the Best Interests principle within the meaning of the Mental Capacity act (MCA), in their dealings with social services departments? It is known that the Court of Protection prefers to rely on the B.I. principle, rather than issuing Deputyships; but to me thi...
<t>Hi everyone<br/> <br/> Not been on for a while; dosn't mean to say nothing's wrong - far from it! But because of further hassle, I needed to take some time out. Sometimes you can get a bit over-stressed with yourself simply by trying to rationalise things out - and it don't always work!<br/> <br/...
<t>And so the travesties go on!<br/> <br/> Charles, is it not possible that anyone can take legal action against local authorities who persistently make false accusations? Is it possible that group actions could be taken?<br/> <br/> Anyone who has ever tackled the legal system will know that it is a...
<t>As I read through the amount of difficulties that people share, especially with regard to the issue of autism and 'things being taken literally', it occurs to me - and I know because I have been there! - that many parents/carers/families are being penalised and being dragged through the courts or...
<t>I am picking up on a previous post regarding the sense of isolation that can come with having someone disabled by autism; and the what sometimes seems a very lonely existence. All of which can make you feel quite down at times.<br/> <br/> There is no fictitous answer, this is the reality. But it ...
<t>I am picking up on a previous post regarding the sense of isolation that can come with having someone disabled by autism; and the what sometimes seems a very lonely existence. All of which can make you feel quite down at times.<br/> <br/> There is no fictitous answer, this is the reality. But it ...
<t>You are right, Beck, to highlight the paradox of the law being manipulated by, or on behalf of, some vulnerable individuals in order to protect themselves, at the same time as getting away with a misdemenaour against another vulnerable adult.<br/> <br/> When the sexual assault happened on our son...
<t>Good luck, Bowlingburn, on Wednesday. I know exactly how you must be feeling - the words 'almigghty mess' have a great deal of resonnance with us. <br/> <br/> In 2007 our son's case transferred from one local authority to another. During that process the incoming authority was undergoing a change...