Charities often seem afraid to speak out against the likes of austerity out of fear of reprisals (i.e. "gag" lobbying bill)
I do agree with what you are saying not enough gets said.. but this has been somewhat a trend for some years.
Hello and welcome, To begin with I would suggest trying the carers uk helpline on the main website to establish what support (if any) you are currently receiving and any ways additional help can be provided, no matter what anybody says or how you might feel, it is not in any way shape or form an adm...
I don't care if you smoke. I personally feel as adults people have the right to make their own lifestyle choices and should be respected. However I draw the line where you turn up at the door smelling like an ash tray that's been rinsed in a sink of perfume in an effort to mask the underlying odour....
I've had one assessment, was basically told I'm on my own.

The impact of the carer role on my day to day life is that within the perimeters of this role I have absolutely no life whatsoever.
Hi there. Just wondering how other carers have dealt with uncooperative officials who give the impression they want to help, then things go down-hill and it ends up being a power struggle when trying to get your views heard and respected? Sum up my average day. You need to just give up on the respe...
The other reason you should approach CUK (re:susies post) or similar services independent of the "system" is because from experience (I say this as both a current carer and someone that has done time with CAB and similar support services in the past) is dwp have been known to string people along and...
I half heard a statement about carers, on TV or radio, that we had an "Emotional Bank", you couldn't always keep paying out, sometimes you needed to pay in too. Can anyone tell me where I heard this, who said it? It is a metaphor the late Stephen Covey (writer) used to describe the way interpersona...
This one was amusing, especially after the brainwashing that was the "Frozen" craze a couple years ago.. I seem to be the only person that has not watched the movie, though to be fair I was put off by the constant playing of that song Sometimes I'll sing this one in the shower http://www.youtube.com...
I feel for your situation. At least with epileptic seizures you know what you are up against, with non-epileptic seizures its just awful because psychiatry/therapy isn't suited for everyone (SLD caree has them) and neurologists seem at a loss at what to do when they can't simply throw medication at ...
Don't hold your breath https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/11633/david_gauke/south_west_hertfordshire/votes#welfare 99% of the time he'll either vote as whipped, or abstain, never against the direction of his party. Another "yes" man and piece of garbage happy to make cash from second home sales off t...