Thank you Elaine and Bowlingbun. This did go through my mind, getting the occ therapist involved. Now do I contact the social housing OT or social services OT?? Who would help me most I wonder. David had a catastrophic brain hemorrhage five years ago aged 33. It was easier for us to move in together...
New kitchen being fitted very soon. Surveyor coming out next week. Current kitchen very old. Just wondered where we stand regarding any implementations in the kitchen which would enable David to access say the pots and pans, food out of lower cupboards etc. We have seen carousel s etc, pull out bask...
A lot depends on whether the person lives alone. If they do, receive middle rate care DLA or PIP standard care and no one claims carers for them then they can receive a substantial premium if on income related benefits. It's a bit of a minefield out there I am afraid. Despite ringing DWP three diffe...
Hi, new to the group. I added it to my Facebook page. Want to get it to as many fifty somethings as possible. I was medically retired 5 yrs ago, one year later my son had a brain haemorrhage which has left him pretty disabled now. I now look and watch after him. It's a funny old life. I really could...
Hi, my husband who is on ESA Support group (contributory)also received a call asking for financial details, then wanted to know all about my private works pension. This was followed up with a letter having to put down all details and return, with dire warnings of sanction if we did not comply. I fel...
Thank you very much Kate. Worrying times for all, be it carer or caree. Just waiting for the budget in July, hopefully may be worrying unnecessarily but need to look to the future. Thank you once again.
Beautiful little pup. Remember so clearly bringing home my Charlie. Yes hard work but I wouldn't be without him. Enjoy your walks and puppy lessons. Get him to meet as many dogs as poss and please don't get upset if older dogs sometimes growl or snap when your baby jumps on their heads!!, It was all...
Thank you very much Susieq, very much appreciated.
Evening All. I am a carer to my son following his brain haemorrhage and subsequent stroke aged 33. I am married , my husband also unwell with COPD. We now all live together in a social housing bungalow which makes life easier for me and all get on very well (most of the time!). I too have a disabili...