Standby To Accept Some Refugees , Fellow Carers !

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Now more than just rumours /whispers , and in the public domain.

Greetings to any refugees reading this post !

https://space.carers.org/t/closure-of-c ... arers/1518

A letter from your former captain. Makes interesting reading to any reader.

How times change ?

Still , the Company remains afloat even if the Forum has sunk. Nothing else to jettison in place of the Forum ? Oh well , your former captain's decision , not yours , I assume ?

I am sure that our Boatswains have no objection to what's already out there ?
It is a sad day at Carers Trust as we announce that our online communities are closing.

From Wednesday 12 April 2017, our online communities Babble, Matter and Carers Space will close down.

We have taken the decision to close the services as we could no longer support them financially.

We know how invaluable the services have been for unpaid carers across the UK and the difference having chats with others, finding information and support and just having somewhere to vent your feelings has meant to you, which makes it even sadder for everyone.

As you can see we created a post on each of the communities where you can find other sources of help and information - see the links below - and I hope this will be useful.

I’d like to take this opportunity to say thank you to our online support team who have worked tirelessly over the past 12 years to provide a 24/7 service to thousands of carers.

We understand that many questions will be raised about the closure so we have attempted to anticipate the questions and provide some answers (see below).

I'll be taking part in a live webchat on Wednesday 5 April between 8pm-9pm and I have also arranged to be on Carers Space on Thursday afternoon (6 April) to answer any questions. You'll be invited to post your questions there from Wednesday morning onwards.

Regards,

Gail Scott-Spicer
CEO, Carers Trust

Interesting to see the Voice mentioned , merely as an alternative home , rather than as a rescue vessel picking up survivors ? That doesn't concern us in slightest , fellow carers coming abroad !

Still , their ship sunk sometime ago in relation to their Forum.

Mangement to blame , first removing the Archives of the old one , and then changing the design on the new one.

You'll find the customary mug of tea slightly warmer even if the biscults leave something to the imagination.

No piping abroad , all inmates are treated equally on here. Except , of course , when those dodgy engines play up , and all hands needed to man / woman / person of indeterminate gender the oars ?

No language barrier , only watch out for the Rules , upstairs towards the bridge. Although not on them , the flying of the Jolly Roger does cause a lttle consternation amongst the Boatswains.

To avoid scrutiny , an eye patch , crutch and / or stuffed parrot on shoulder is allowed without a murmour. A Norwegian one ? Oh dear ... definately time for something completely different !

To which port this ship is heading , only the captain knows , and he is not telling.

Will it be the sun drenched Caribbean in summer or the rain and gloom of the Wirral peninsula at anytime of the year ? A gondola passing through the splendours of Venice , or on a rusting canal boat passing through Downtown Worksop , local sights , including me , to be avoided at all costs ?

Welcome to the mystery cruise !

Top deck , help and advice.

Middle desks , virtually a mix bag including the News Section.

Bottom deck , specific disabilities / illnesses.

Home for the barnacles , some guides.

Catering ? Passable , although some of you may have had Trussells as caterers before ?

Usual " Have a nice day " ... storm front approaching with 40 foot waves expected.

Now , for breakfast today , you have a choice of ...

Only joking ....
Welcome to any new carers who find there way here :D