General Election 2017 ... Clowns Day ?

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
No need to post any " Hot " news , there will be a deluge almost everywhere within hours if not days.

For many , they will only catch on if there's a knock on the door just as East Enders / Corrie / The footie kicks off and take the expected action in greeting the smiling / leering face that tends to mock them.

Be a little careful as it might be the tallyman or the landlord coming for three months rent !

Is tar and feathering still practiced in northern parts ?

Tin panning ?

Jarrow ! Cheers for that ! Fresh pair of walking boots all yours !

In CarerLand and CareeLand , the pediction of the outcome will be a landslide victory for the new party forming tomorrow.

500 seat majority guaranteed !

Get you bets on now whilst there still a market.

The name of the new party ?

Couldn't Give A Monkey's ... Party.

Obviously , insert regional variation in the space provided !

Chuff ? One thing both I and dear old Oz ( Jimmy Nail ) agree on ?

No " One size fits all " name for this outfit !

No Party will even mention the word CARERS .... definately not with the words ... THE PLIGHT OF ... unless , of course , they want your vote ?

UK democracy in action ... that word does not appear in our dictionary ... democracy ?

A choice ? A chance to participate in making decisions ? An alternative ?

Brexit ... a chance to remove our chains to the EU.

General Election ... no chance of removing our chains to the System.

Turnout ... say 40% ... Largest Party ... say 35% of votes ... 1 in 7 voted for the Government ... great system ... a clear mandate to govern from the majority who voted .... all 7 in 20 that is ...

The Pogrom ? Now , with a clear mandate ... unleash the steamrollers ?

Now , prove me wrong ???
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-39628713
Theresa May announces plan to call general election on 8 June

PM says new poll is in the national interest

Election is only way to guarantee certainty and stability in the wake of Brexit, May says

May says she came "reluctantly" to the conclusion that a vote was necessary

Downing Street has always denied a vote would be held before the next scheduled election in 2020
Early days but lets try asking each of the Party leaders a question :

Asked first by the Eye of another leader , and as featured on one of their covers ... caused a real stir at that time ... somewhat controversial but , it passed and that issue was published :

" Well Mr. / Mrs. ( Insert name ) ... how will you deal with the Armageddon facing social care "

Allow 10 seconds ... smiling for photo op ... reply as follows :

" After due thought and divisive planning now being undertaken ... Armageddon outahere ! "

Meaning ?

None of them have the slightest idea how to change the System which is devastating the lives of a minimum of 1 in 4 of this country's citizens !

2001 ... strange how history keeps repeating itself ?
Know I will be lynched but good on her! Get rid of that twerp.
Chris, Anything's better than what we've got presently...Out with May in June.

Attachments

Like it ... and we're only a couple of hours in ?

My beloved O's new manager in waiting ?

Perhaps threatening an all out attacking plan with no fit strikers ?????????

A serious thread for some , not for us in Carerland / CareeLand.

Survival / life will go on as usual.

Let the clowns have their fun ... some real custard pies ... please ?
Henrietta wrote:Know I will be lynched but good on her! Get rid of that twerp.
No you won't! I totally agree.

Heard Corbyn saying this morning (before the news) that he would give an extra £10 a week to unpaid carers. PAh! He could give me an extra £20 a week and he still wouldn't get my vote. He's next to useless!
First of the tradition hustings .... many now held over former industrial areas ... industry now long gone together with the monies ... even tvs a luxury for some.

Candidates gather from all parties ... the Leader of the Monster Raving Loony Party easy to spot :

........ and we are only hours in !

What's my overtime rate again ?
Needless to add ... when any carer or caree places any hope with a political party , said hope joins that party :

No , necromancy doesn't work either ....

What may be summoned has no pulse .... no change there then ?

Remember 2009 ....
6 June 2017 ... and the Great British Weather comes to the rescue :

Perhaps we can rely on the weather more than on " Joe Public " to produce a more apt result ?

Rearranged for 23 June ... and after 5 months of low rainfall , the weather again chooses to intervene :

And no , happy hour at the local watering hole , polling station is in the opposite direction.

Finally , at the third time of asking , 14 July ... which , unfortunately for some , turns out to be the hottest day so far this century :

... and we complain about our weather ?

For some , not making a note of the new date is somewhat embarassing as they watch Andy Murray lose in the first round at Wimbledon as opposed to lending a hand ( Hindering in one case ? ) with the rallying of troops for that final push on the Big Day :

Goodnight !!!

#########################################################################

Given the Host , will Ian be opposed by Worf or Data tonight ????

No ?

BBC One ( 9.00 pm kick off ! )

The boys are back out on parole for a few weeks.

Aussie carer ... " Get plenty of the amber juices in , should be a ripper ! "

Someone else agrees .... ?

Smile will disappear when he finds out the next round's on him !

I hope they take Euros ........ ???????????