Dementia tax cover up????

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
More an attack on freedom of speech !

That topic will be paramount as technology continues to develope ... not that many hiding places left for those who have something to hide.
Just what I said earlier in the week Wakey wakey everyone.
I hope someone can post this on the Alzheimers Society's website Talking Point although they are banning anything vaguely political - surely this needs a mention?
I hope someone can post this on the Alzheimers Society's website Talking Point although they are banning anything vaguely political - surely this needs a mention?

The recent changes to the Charities Act ... also see Governance thread ... are responsible for many charity supporting organisations to " Ban " political discussions on their forums.

Extremely interesting article on this point which asks a lot of important questions of the charity sector :

https://www.theguardian.com/voluntary-s ... l-politics
On several occasions I’ve seen brilliant but potentially controversial campaigns and policy positions blocked by charity trustees or chief executives who opt instead to remain within the organisation’s comfort zone. If these senior leaders have a strong professional or personal reputation they are keen to protect, in my experience, this can make getting ideas signed off even more difficult.

In essence , and as most supporting organisations remain as charities despite the changing world outside , are gagged ... and in turn ... the numerous carers and carees would regularly post on the said forums.

Strange world indeed when a carer can tell his / her local candidate " The facts of life " face to face but , in theory , prohibited in posting the same on a forum.

There again , to remain a charity when tin hats and deep bunkers are the order of the day , is even more surprising to carers and carees alike ... " We're all right , shame about you ! "
I am more worried about my Winter Fuel payment than the badly named "dementia tax"