Bournemout Hospital Carers Event and Info

Discuss news stories and political issues that affect carers.
Hi

I've been sent the following email from a group I belong to and thought it may be of interest to some of our members.

I am contacting you to inform you of the events which will be happening in RBCH this year to celebrate Carer’s Week.
We are facilitating five days of information stands in our main Atrium with different organisations coming to display their information to support Carers on different days.
On Thursday 15th June we are holding an information seminar for an hour in our Conference Room, Education Centre 5.00pm to 6.00pm which we are encouraging people to sign up for as places will be limited.
After the seminar we are holding a focus group from 6.15pm to 7.45pm to share both positive experiences of support to Carer’s from RBCH along with not so good experiences and then we will be asking “if you could make one small change to help support Carers in RBCH, what would you do?”
The focus group will be interactive and facilitated by the Patient Experience Team.
Refreshments and sandwiches will be provided.
We are asking that you help us to spread the word and encourage any interested party to sign up for our seminar and focus group.
I attach a form which can be completed and returned either directly to the hospital by hand or post or via our new email contact Patient.engagement@rbch.nhs.uk<mailto:Patient.engagement@rbch.nhs.uk>
When my mum was a regular patient of RBH, I asked PALS for a copy of their Carers Policy. Finally I was told that they were "working on it", but was it ever finished, I wonder?!
The only good word I have for that place, is the fact that they allowed me to visit mum outside normal visiting hours, as I lived some distance away and had other caring responsibilities. That made things much easier for me.