Tesco reply regarding disabled parking abuse

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
Finally, after nearly a month Tesco have sent a reply to my complaints about the abuse of disabled parking at our local store - to be honest, it wasn't worth the reply, see for yourselves Image

Thank you for contacting us.

I'm very sorry that some of the disabled parking spaces in our Wath upon Dearne store car park are being abused. I can understand how frustrated you must be and I would like to assure you that we do our very best to prevent this from happening.

In our new stores we've placed signs between each disabled parking space. We also painted the recognised disabled symbol on the car park surface in yellow. Some of our stores also place tickets on offending vehicles, asking customers to move their cars. These measures help to reduce the overall problem.

I've told our Store Manager about your complaint who will certainly ask staff to be more vigilant in future.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know

More vigilant staff, that's a laugh - Mum's cousin told the guy collecting trolleys when she spotted 3 cars parked there on Wednesday - his reply - "it's nothing to do with me" Image

Back to shopping at Morrisons Image

Paula xx
Write back and say that is not good enough.............and there are now 6 million who will not be shopping at tesco Image
Hi Paula,

I'm glad you received a reply but as you say it's not much of one is it? Supermarkets aren't really interested in what happens in their car parks. We have lots of alcohol abusers, drug addicts & beggars in my mums local sainsbury's car park. I've seen them target older, vulnerable people with false stories about running out of petrol and needing the bus fare home etc etc. When I mentioned this to the manager of the store, he couldn't have cared less.
I have decided to boycott the large supermarkets. I've stopped going to our local Tesco because I hate the way they put small independent shops out of business.

Also - I caught another non-disabled driver parked in a "disabled" space outside our council offices last week. They weren't very happy with me when I asked politely to move! (well, not that politely actually...)

Well done Sainsburys in Chichester where an employee was today looking at all the cars parked in the disabled parking bays. If we keep them on their toes, all the supermarkets will eventually get the message.