Stop the vilifying of the disabled

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
Greetings One and All,

I would be grateful if you would support my campaign and sign my petition below.

Lets all come together and stop the government vilifying the Disabled with derogatory words which in turn the general public is picking up.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/660

Thank you.
We have signed the petition, hope you get more.
I don't usually bother to sign petitions that contain more than one spelling mistake, because they are lazy and sloppy. This one has at least four, and some of the terminology is not "people-first" either. In particular, the use of the expression "the disabled" is quite offensive.
Sorry. We deserve much better than this: it is vital that we present ourselves in a professional and credible way if we are to be taken seriously.
Stop the vilifying of the disabled

Responsible department]agaist[/b] them, and indeed the general public do pick up on these remarks and use them in the street. It is also most unfair to use such terms against a population that in the main want to work and many do just that. We call on this Government and the Media to backtrack on such dispicable remarks and publish a front page appology to those that have been so cruelly treated by such remarks. Only that will restore the trust that this Government has lost in such a short space of time amoungst the disabled population.
Scally!!!!!! That was blunt Image
The spelling errors hadn't gone unnoticed but I reasoned that the feeling behind the petition was the same even if it had of been spelt correctly. It might be worth you considering that not everyone received as good an education as yourself Scally but that they still have a right to be heard.

[quote]We deserve much better than this]

When you state "we" are you referring to CarersUK as a charity or all people who are carers? I fail to see why carers need to present themselves as "professional" - we aren't and that's the whole point, very few of us receive training to assist our caring roles - unless we had careers in caring beforehand. Surely if each carer in the UK wrote a letter to their MP expressing their dissatisfaction in the government's policies and attitudes toward carers and carees it would have the same affect as if they'd all signed one professionally written petition? Of course, too few of us do write to our MPs.

Don't criticise Pompeyfaith or the originator of the petition when he made the effort. How many people will read your comment and then decide not to write to officialdom because their spelling is poor or they've no confidence in their writing skills?

Lastly Scally, I look forward to receiving the link to your petition Image
http://www.disabilityalliance.org/nuj.h ... ewsfeed%29

http://www.nuj.org.uk/innerPagenuj.html?docid=2307

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

I have been a long campaigner emailing many charities on the subject of vilifying of the disabled this was started by none other than our Prime Minister and his members of parliament using such terms as work shy and/or scrounger in there efforts to cut fraud and reduce spending.

This has now been reported in quiet a few main tabloids and thus picked up by society and is now doing great harm to those least able to defend themselves.

It is a well known fact that fraud on disability benefits only accounts to 0.3% and indeed more money is lost due to government department errors and what they are doing to the most vulnerable in society is unfounded.

I have made an E-Petition on this matter and so hope to get the required signatures so it gets its just reading in the commons then maybe those MP's and the PM will realise the harm they have unnecessarily caused and thus bring a stop to these derogatory issues

Kindest regards

Leon Carter

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/660
Scally,

So sorry if you did not like my text, unfortunately I had an SAH STROKE so I think I can be excused for my errors because what I did do was a good effort.

Good advice to you maybe is be mindful of who you maybe replying too as some of us may have conditions where spelling is not so important.

Think ill go to bed now as what you have said hurts.

Regards
Jane,

Thank you for your support, as it happens I did have a good education but most of what I learnt was lost when I was in induced coma recovering from the 12 hour surgery I had to clip the bleed.

In the years since the SAH Stroke I have re-learnt much where other parts of the brain have taken over what was lost, however despite taking NVQ'S in computing and training in other life skills I still have much to learn.

What scally wrote is a classic example of what I have been up against so it did not come as a surprise, however I learn from those that do not think beforehand.

My wife is a carer to me and our mum who lives with us and she is certainly no professional and yes I would rather have her than any professional in the land.

Regards
I've signed your petition.

Please, pay no heed to Scally's comments - sometimes he doesn't think before he types. I also don't think he was expecing a disabled person to have written the petition since we are largely a forum for carer's rather than caree's such as yourself.
Beck,

Thank you for signing, however are you not aware that many disabled themselves are carers indeed caring is not a role just for the able bodied.

Yes I am a caree to a certain extent, but I am also a carer to our mum who is a pensioner with various illnesses my wife does not drive so while she does the caring at home any places our mum needs to get to like GP or Hospital I do.

Regards
Beck I am a disabled carer (as indeed is my husband) and I believe Parsifal is also a disabled carer (hope she doesn't mind me mentioning it).

Eun