Return VAT on Air Ambulance Fuel Payments

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
I feel the same way, Fran.
Tax and duties are a sore point, imagine there are two shops in your high street, one a 'charity' shop, the other a regular shop. One gets tax relief and uses unpaid volunteer labour, generating a profit and helping pay the Chief Executives £230,000 a year salary, whilst the other pays their staff minimum wage and is losing money. Level playing field? Er, no. And dont get me started on private schools ....

Now, as for air ambulances, they dont actually save many lives per million pounds donated, not in a country like the UK where the average surface ambulance response time is only ten or fifteen minutes. How much is a life worth anyway: - I mean £1M can vaccinate a million kids in Africa and save thousands of lives, its a much better investment. Or are poor black kids lives worth that much less than white motorists? They dont exactly trumpet the fact either, why should they? I mean, flying turkeys don't vote for Christmas, do they?
You dial 999. The first people on the scene are not the ambulance crew generally. They are the first responders to access the situation, it is they who call the ambulance if needed.
Monday - our first responder arrived 05.15am, called ambulance at 5.45am, arrived 6.00am (happened to be one in our area).
Wednesday - our first responder arrived 6.45pm, called ambulance at 7.00pm, arrived 7.30pm. Ambulance not available in our area and had to be called out from 15 miles away.
Not exactly 10 - 15 minutes, Scally.
Sorry, just making a point. That might be their 'target' time, but not necessarily happens that way.
Or are poor black kids lives worth that much less than white motorists?
Scally, I wasn't aware the air ambulance practised racial discrimination???
First responders do not always come out.
twelve and a half minutes to get to my late son who had had a cardiac arrest,should have been a maximum of 6 minutes.(less than one mile from main hospital and ambulance station).First ambulance was stood down.
Less than six months later, a young Muslim man(same age as my son) died in Wales,exactly the same way.(Not just white people needing ambulance services in UK).
Prince Harry, I think, was speaking in support of the air ambulances recently.
[quote]Now, as for air ambulances, they dont actually save many lives per million pounds donated, not in a country like the UK where the average surface ambulance response time is only ten or fifteen minutes. How much is a life worth anyway]

Interesting post, was sure I had seen something somewhere about chief execs and air ambulances and then I came to this bit above..was following your drift there beforehand.

Going to be as blunt as you yourself so often are Scally. If it was your son who had an accident on a mountain top and couldn't be reached by ordinary ambulance therefore necessitating the need for an air ambulance, would you still be talking about investments and vaccinations in Africa? Would you be complaining about the wastage of money?

Bet you wouldn't be refusing their services or compaining about racism then. By the way..I don't quite understand what you are talking about with white motorists..are you trying to say that ambulances only attend white drivers, not black ones? Really? Have you got any evidence to show this? I for one would be very interested to see it.

Racism in any form is abhorrent to me so I very much look forward to your comments/proof.

PS. Signed. Have seen the work air ambulances do after witnessing some appalling accidents in my (very congested) part of South London.
Image Thank you to everyone who signed this petition. Image

Every life is precious to at least one person.