Return VAT on Air Ambulance Fuel Payments

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
Just found this in my inbox, not exactly about Carers but never know when we might need one. (Hope this is allowed moderators)

"Please may I bring to your attention a petition to encourage
the Government to exempt Air Ambulance services from duty on the fuel
they use, in the same way as the Lifeboats (RNLI) are exempt. If we
gain 100,000 signatures, Parliament is duty bound to debate the issue -
currently we have over 15,000 signatures.

Thank you for your support for this magnificent volunteer funded
service."

Here's the link:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29349
I'm really suprised that of the 40 odd people that have looked at this thread, nobody has made a comment or said they'd signed the petition - so do you all know something I don't???????????
Hi Jane don't normally get this far down the board but when i read the petition i have signed it.
Thank you Emma Image
don't be mean to the government,they've got the olympics to pay for,queens jubilee and money to give away to other countries,so they have to make money from somewhere bless them!
don't be mean to the government,they've got the olympics to pay for,queens jubilee and money to give away to other countries,so they have to make money from somewhere bless them!
That's right malc. And all those rich guys who can't afford to pay their tax. Got to help them too. Image Image Image Image
Signed.
Ah thanks guys, not sure how to put a link in Roll Call but will have a go.

Jew Bee Lee Celebrations - yeah was I the only one watching the firewords at the end of the music concert (on TV) and hoping that the fire service were on standby?? Image Thought they were gonna set the palace on fire. - Sorry bit off topic but you did mention Jubilee celebrations Image and all related to emergency services
Looks like it took off - you already have enough signatures to have passed the 100,000 mark!
In my naive way, I don't understand the difference between the air ambulances and the road ambulances.
The Government fund the one, so why don't they fund the other?

Are police helicopters government funded?
Are fire brigade helicopters government funded? ie the ones which drop water etc on forest fires.

Well then ............................ why differentiate?