Possible Closure of another much needed respite home.

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
I hope anyone who knows the need of a suitable (in our case excellent)respite home will sign the petition.
Birmingham city is trying to close our respite home Kingswood which is situated in Kings Norton Birmingham. My daughter has attended there for fifteen years and has always had an excellent service. The other unpaid carers are saying the same.We DONOT want it to close but the pressure and stress this has caused is hard to believe.The article attatched to the petition will explain our concerns.They (the profs) are saying they want to save money but we believe that a number of the service users will have to go residential with the closure or their unpaid carers (us) will be so stressed out that the health service will end up paying much more. Please concider signing. Every signature is worth its weight in GOLD to us.!
http://communitiesagainstthecuts.com/20 ... od-centre/
It seems to be happening all over my friend. Our severely physically disabled, ventilator dependent son and around 100 other families in Scotland are being kicked out of the Children's Hospices because they have lived to 21 (the hospices have changed their rules on who can use their services) and there is no suitable adult hospice provision for them to transition on to so we will also be left to care 24/7.

Eun
Eun I am sorry from the bottom of my heart for you.I presume you have done all you can to raise this issue? We should all be very vocal and use the media etc to its potential.I cannot believe that we are told how wonderful we are by saving this country 118 billion pounds a year by being (free) full time carers and have to face the dreadful closure of special homes that frankly keep us sane,as well as keeping our loved ones OUT of residential care (how many billions does that save too?)
Jeanette.
(If you have a petition going then please let us know and I am sure you will get lots of names on it.)
Jeanette
If you go to "All about Caring" and have a look at the thread Eun's son's petition - please sign - the fight for respite you'll see what my son has been doing - complete with photos! Image

I am going to sign your petition right now - I can hardly ask you to sign my sons if I haven't signed yours!

Eun
Hi again Eun.I am the first to admit I am not very good at PC,but when I put in 'all about caring' I get an Australian (I think )site.Can you give me a link and I will sign as soon as I read it! Am just as concerned about your situation as I am my own!!
Jeanette.
Sorry I meant to say its a subheading on this site - check out the Board Index and then you should be able to find it.

Eun
x
Have signed Eun.My second name is Jeanette ,lol so will be there under another J.
Jeanette
signed and then shared on facebook and twitter

x x
As I said to Eun ..I am not very good with the PC but cannot see your name on The Kingswood Respite Bungalows petition Rosemary? If you have signed Eun's then I am delighted of course, but please concider mine too. Image ( It is my thread.) To be honest so many aweful things are happening to Carers and service users I am amazed this site isn't full of petitions. Image

Jeanette.
I did sign yours Jeanette

Will double check now

x