Govt. response to petition to pay carers minimum hourly rate

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
Hi
I assist my wife because I want to I too gave up work but never make a issue of it because if I did I would be letting my wife think that I was sacrificing my job for her.
I have an illness as well.
So my benefit stops me getting even the pittance that most of you get.
Yes I could moan and sometimes to myself I do but when people talk of going on strike leaving there Carree's at A&E count me out .
Yes thing's could be a lot better they could also be a lot worse.
If you have read my post's in the past you will see what my wife as been through I mean my post's that were on the old CUK forum and by saying I am fed up with the way I am being treated I would only be making my wife feel guilty and that's one thing I am not prepared to do as there is no way my wife should feel guilty I love her to much for that to happen.
John.
Hi
I assist my wife because I want to I too gave up work but never make a issue of it because if I did I would be letting my wife think that I was sacrificing my job for her.
I have an illness as well.
So my benefit stops me getting even the pittance that most of you get.
Yes I could moan and sometimes to myself I do but when people talk of going on strike leaving there Carree's at A&E count me out .
Yes thing's could be a lot better they could also be a lot worse.
If you have read my post's in the past you will see what my wife as been through I mean my post's that were on the old CUK forum and by saying I am fed up with the way I am being treated I would only be making my wife feel guilty and that's one thing I am not prepared to do as there is no way my wife should feel guilty I love her to much for that to happen.
John.
John, if you weren't a married man, I'd kiss you for this reply Image

We struggle but at the end of the day Mum didn't ask to be disabled, it happened and as long as I've got breath in my body I'll look after her - she looked after me as a child so now it's my chance to repay her.

Paula
That's the whole point - nobody ASKS to be disabled.
We just ask for a decent living Image
That's the whole point - nobody ASKS to be disabled.
We just ask for a decent living Image
Sorry Myrtle, I didn't put that over correctly - when I said Mum didn't ask to be disabled that was in reference to a remark about leaving your caree in A&E, I meant it's not her fault so why would I ever do that to her.

I know we need a decent living, I've just written a second letter to my MP pointing that out.
That's why it's difficult for anyone to fight this in the one way that would guarantee a result: for years, certain unions held massive power over their employers because they could - and did - exercise their power by withdrawing their labour.

But the government knows we're not coldhearted enough to do it to our loved ones. I couldn't do it to my son.
Well said Charles, nurses unions etc., have the same problem. When I was nursing we banned overtime for years (basic working week 48 hours), with absolutely no effect. The management simply hired unskilled part timers to fill in the gaps.
The only weapon carers have is their vote. And I well understand that most carers are too whacked at the end of the day to even think about politics. Its a big turn off. Image
As I have said above:
Most carers do not vote, At ten percent of the population, I should have got 1000 Carer votes when I fought Skerton West last year, if all carers had voted. That would have returned me as a Carer Representative Independent Councillor, with a handsome majority. Even with the availability of a postal vote only ten percent of Carers voted, assuming all my votes were cast by Carers.
Carers in England will only be listened to by Government when they organise along the lines I have frequently advocated and can take advantage of a proportional representational system, as in Scotland and Northern Ireland. If Carers in England want to make progress, they will be well advised to suppport any party which promises to establish proportional representation in England. Then an Independent Carers Party can be established with a realistic prospect of obtaining the balance of power, in association with our friends in established political parties, in Parliament and Local Authorities.
best wishes normangardner