get parking badges for carers & community workers!

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
susieq wrote:
JOANNE_17041 wrote:
susieq wrote:Hello Joanne

I'm assuming from your post that you are a paid professional carer/community worker ?

I don't think you realise that the Carers UK is a charity set up to provide peer support and advice for those caring for friends/relatives in an unpaid non-professional capacity.
https://www.carersuk.org/about-us/why-we-re-here

We too would like parking badges. Not all our carees are entitled to a blue badge and, in any case, the blue badge can only be used when our caree is in the car not when we are doing errands without them. Our fines generally have to be paid out of our £62.10 per week Carers Allowance.
Hi Susie,

Yes I do work in a paid intermediate care job. I also look after disabled in a none professional capacity.
Apologies if this was posted in the wrong place. Just trying to help carers paid and unpaid with one of the issues we face daily.
The reason I asked if you were a professional care worker wasn't because your post was in the wrong place, but because it read as if you were only petitioning on behalf of those working in the care sector !

The person who needs care CAN have a blue badge (providing they meet the criteria), they don't even have to be able to drive; in fact it is issued to them not the driver of the vehicle - which means that the badge can be displayed in any vehicle in which the disabled person is a passenger. However it is an offence to display a blue badge if the disabled person is not in the car. On that basis family carers would welcome a parking permit to enable them to park in restricted areas when they are doing 'errands' for their caree (collecting medication, shopping etc).
It's not a blue badge that this is for. Often we arrive at a clients house to realise it's permits only and we can not park. All surrounding streets are also permit. The client does not have a permit and we have to park with no permit or leave the client with no visit.
Just to clarify by client I'm meaning person needing care
It's not a blue badge that this is for. Often we arrive at a clients house to realise it's permits only and we can not park. All surrounding streets are also permit. The client does not have a permit and we have to park with no permit or leave the client with no visit.
Mmmm ... even more scenarios.

If arriving to :

attend a caree under the Direct Payment / LA support scheme
attend a caree to allow a carer to take a respite break
attend a caree as the carer is unfit to care ( See below )
attend a caree socially and professionly on the same visit

Just a few ... would they be all covered ?

Same for one of us if that carer lives away from the caree ????

I can't see us , unpaid carers , ever being granted exceptions in such circumstances , perhaps non resident unpaid carers would get a hearing.

In a restricted area , would a carer be granted the same exceptions as a paid community worker if undertaking the same tasks ? Card issue rears it's head again.

Carers in receipt of CA to send whatever to the DWP for settlement ?

How do unpaid carers benefit from this ???????

Just some thoughts ... nothing is straightforward as it seems in CarerLand ?