get parking badges for carers & community workers!

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
Hi all :).
As you all probably know we have all had a parking tickets that costs than we earn on more than one occasion. We do our jobs to help others and we get no help in return yet we don't ask for much, This petition needs to go big to get our voices heard!

parking badges for carers, nurses and other community workers need to be issued to avoid the parking tickets that we get and the employer will NOT pay.

please please sign and share!

Lets finally get the recognition we deserve!

Thanks for looking x

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/192208
Hello Joanne

I'm assuming from your post that you are a paid professional carer/community worker ?

I don't think you realise that the Carers UK is a charity set up to provide peer support and advice for those caring for friends/relatives in an unpaid non-professional capacity.
https://www.carersuk.org/about-us/why-we-re-here

We too would like parking badges. Not all our carees are entitled to a blue badge and, in any case, the blue badge can only be used when our caree is in the car not when we are doing errands without them. Our fines generally have to be paid out of our £62.10 per week Carers Allowance.
Wearing my professional hat- duly signed
Henrietta wrote:Wearing my professional hat- duly signed
Sorry Henrietta, I should have said that we do have some members who wear both hats ! (i.e.as an 'unpaid' carer caring for a relative and also working in the care sector)
susieq wrote:Hello Joanne

I'm assuming from your post that you are a paid professional carer/community worker ?

I don't think you realise that the Carers UK is a charity set up to provide peer support and advice for those caring for friends/relatives in an unpaid non-professional capacity.

We too would like parking badges. Not all our carees are entitled to a blue badge and, in any case, the blue badge can only be used when our caree is in the car not when we are doing errands without them. Our fines generally have to be paid out of our £62.10 per week Carers Allowance.
Hi Susie,

Yes I do work in a paid intermediate care job. I also look after disabled in a none professional capacity.
Apologies if this was posted in the wrong place. Just trying to help carers paid and unpaid with one of the issues we face daily.
Henrietta wrote:Wearing my professional hat- duly signed
Thank you Henrietta.
Remind yourself that it's OK not to be perfect
Provided wording of said petition is nothing more than carers themselves are allowed under Law , especially the caree being presented element , seems reasonable.

If it isn't , possibility of a weird sounding " Discrimation by association " issue if anyone were allowed the same facility but WITHOUT the caree ?

Anyone visiting a careee would be subject to parking restrictions in that event.

A case of the carer using a car to acquire medication for a caree , bed bound , and falls foul of parking regulations and / or blue badge but no caree ... ? Extend that to a third party using car with both carer and caree bed bound ?

Interesting " What if " situation with no logical branches ?
I'm sorry I must add though that it's not a blue badge that is being asked for, it's a parking permit for permit areas where the person needing care does not drive therefore does not have a permit themselves.
Straightforward except for one tiny detail.

6 million odd carers ... less than , say , 1,000 have a card to flash as a " Get out of jail free " defence.

I would assume that if the parking space is granted to the caree , the carer could automatically park there if the vehicle is " Named " by the caree ?

As for third party areas , how would that work for carers ?

If not , that also is a problem for carers.
JOANNE_17041 wrote:
susieq wrote:Hello Joanne

Hi Susie,

Yes I do work in a paid intermediate care job. I also look after disabled in a none professional capacity.
Apologies if this was posted in the wrong place. Just trying to help carers paid and unpaid with one of the issues we face daily.
The reason I asked if you were a professional care worker wasn't because your post was in the wrong place, but because it read as if you were only petitioning on behalf of those working in the care sector !

The person who needs care CAN have a blue badge (providing they meet the criteria), they don't even have to be able to drive; in fact it is issued to them not the driver of the vehicle - which means that the badge can be displayed in any vehicle in which the disabled person is a passenger. However it is an offence to display a blue badge if the disabled person is not in the car. On that basis family carers would welcome a parking permit to enable them to park in restricted areas when they are doing 'errands' for their caree (collecting medication, shopping etc).