Caring And Recognition In The Workplace

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
Hi everyone,

I've created a petition on behalf of all carers who are returning to work. Currently, caring is not recognised by the Government as full time occupation and employers disregard all the skills gained from being a carer. I have proposed th
at caring be accepted as an occupation so it is easier for carers with ample qualifications and fabulous life skills be given a fair chance in the work world.As you all know, we develop great skills through caring - skills that can and should be applied in the work place.

I've got 12 months to get 100,000 signatures so it would mean the world to me if you could all sign here.

Love,
Amy x
I'm surprised that nobody else has signed this? Anyway Amy, I'm sure that others will sign. I'm in total agreement with you on this issue, good luck with the petition.
As am I. Hopefully the thread bump will help! Thank you so much for signing Image x
Sorry, forgot to say, signed and shared Image
I've signed up.
Thank you everyone, it really does mean a lot! Image
*bump* Can't quite believe this has had 232 views yet only 83 signatures on the petition...c'mon people! :p
probably the other 149 viewers realise that nothing will ever change and we will always be treated the same way!!!
Yet they take the time to read it, but it's too much hassle/not worth it to sign?

It might not have an effect but at least it is worth trying.

Each to their own though I guess. Image
It's probably more to do with the fact that most of the carers on here can't imagine being at work because of their caring situation - or the bad experiences they had.

One issue that is now coming up more and more is that while some carers want to return to work, the person they care for is not considered "eligible" for services, which means there's not the support that will help them return to work.