carers petition for full time work

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
Thanks for signing Pay Carers a Minimum of Unemployed Benefits and Define them as Employed

Inbox
x

Paul Cooke via Campaigns by You campaignsbyyou@38degrees.org.uk via controlshiftlabs.com

09:29 (4 minutes ago)

to me

paul,

Thank you for signing the petition "Pay Carers a Minimum of Unemployed Benefits and Define them as Employed"

The more people who get behind this issue, the more likely it is that decision makers will pay attention. Every name added to the petition takes it one step closer to succeeding.

Can you help spread the word about the campaign by sharing it with your friends and family? Click the buttons below to share the petition on Facebook and Twitter:

SHARE ON FACEBOOK

SHARE ON TWITTER

You can also share the campaign by forwarding the email below.

Thanks for getting involved,

The Campaigns by You team.
Hi,

My situation is slightly different but I am sure is quite a common one. I am actually in full time work and therefore quite rightly not entitled to any carers allowance. However, what I am finding difficult to get my head around is the fact that as a full time working person I am not entitled to any type of paid time off to support my Husband. My only options are to take unpaid leave, flexi leave, annual leave etc and this feels wrong, particularly when there is so much given for things like paternity leave.

I have therefore started a government petition https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/124317 and I am urging all carers, whether working or not to sign this as all of us, working or not, need to recognised. There are more carers in the UK each year and with the government's ideaology of creating more independence some serious consideration needs to be given to us all.

Any support you can all give would be appreciated and all you need to do is sign the petition.
With grateful thanks and support to all of you.
June
June_16031 wrote:Hi,

My situation is slightly different but I am sure is quite a common one. I am actually in full time work and therefore quite rightly not entitled to any carers allowance. However, what I am finding difficult to get my head around is the fact that as a full time working person I am not entitled to any type of paid time off to support my Husband. My only options are to take unpaid leave, flexi leave, annual leave etc and this feels wrong, particularly when there is so much given for things like paternity leave.

I have therefore started a government petition https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/124317 and I am urging all carers, whether working or not to sign this as all of us, working or not, need to recognised. There are more carers in the UK each year and with the government's ideaology of creating more independence some serious consideration needs to be given to us all.

Any support you can all give would be appreciated and all you need to do is sign the petition.
With grateful thanks and support to all of you.
June
Have signed good luck.
I agree that the role of the carer should be more clearly defined.

NHS and Council services offer a range of respite, but it is almost impossible to qualify for the level of care needed to achieve enough support to enable a carer to live life in a remotely normal manner.

We tried to negotiate one of the new personal budgets, but found that the maximum rate of pay achievable would only fund a few hours nurse care a month, and were not prepared to fund the inexperienced care we could achieve. In the end, we handed the money back and cancelled the services altogether.

I am not sure what difference the new carers charter has made, as we have not been contacted to discuss any entitlement changes since its introduction.

It does seem logical to consider the merits of offering more support to family care, as it appears to be by far the cheapest and most natural option.

I'm not sure my own experiences are positive, but they are sincere.
Thanks

Richard