Can CUK challenge this?

Share your petitions or campaigns here.
I get they work for you e-mail alerts and I'd like to know if this could be challenged by CUK.
It's taken a long time for us to be recognised as Carers.......now this from an MP?
Public Bill Committee: Public Service Pensions Bill: Clause 20 - Consultation and report (20 Nov 2012)
http://www.theyworkforyou.com/pbc/2012- ... ssues#g2.9
Sheila Gilmore]*carers*.[/color] I say “remaining” because a lot of them no longer
work for the local authority; they work for private companies on an
outsourced basis.
Really annoying isn't that Care Workers are still called carers, even my mother does it everyone from nurses to care workers in her residential and now nursing home they are all "carers" to her, I've given up telling her the difference!!!!! ARRRRGGGHHHH then there's the "homehelp" bit, we'll be char ladies next Image
It really annoys me when people who work as paid support workers are called carers, but it's a short word that everyone understands. Home helps used to do cleaning, dusting etc. but not provide personal care; now paid staff can only do personal things, but not cooking cleaning etc. I just wish there was a SHORT word that could be used to describe paid support workers, or else another word to describe family carers. Any ideas?
or else another word to describe family carers. Any ideas?
P.A. - personal assistant for paid workers
I always think PA is a posh term for secretaries.
It is the term used on my contract for work.
Roberts PAs were the workers he used to help him at University - take notes, help him eat, empty leg bag, go clubbing with him etc They didn't do personal care. Care workers is what paid carers should be called, I think.

Eun
Roberts PAs were the workers he used to help him at University - take notes, help him eat, empty leg bag, go clubbing with him etc They didn't do personal care. Care workers is what paid carers should be called, I think.

Eun
I use this term too. It is simple and to the point. Someone who works providing care (in many cases supposedly of course).

I make a point (not on here) of correcting anybody who uses "carers" instead of "care workers" while out in the big wide world. I consider it my sworn duty to make sure as many people as possible are aware of the difference. Image
I was for some years a homehelp for the Council and a receiver of Carer's Alowance.I was often referred to being a "carer" for both "roles".I think it is important to distinguish between them clearly.However "carer" as applied to family/friend non-paid help is not without its" problems" as the receiver of help might resent being seen as "being cared for".
I've always been a supporter of PA's or Care Workers. Never, ever carers.

A PA used to be classed as secretarial, until a few years' ago (I am a Secretary/PA, or was) and then it started to be used by Care Agencies and became confusing.