Reply button

Includes forum rules and technical help.
Not sure if I am going potty, but 3 times recently I have been on the forum, gone to reply and can find no reply button anywhere. It seems to come and go and yes I am signed in at the top of the forum. Any ideas?
It happened to me yesterday said i couldnt reply to the subject.just testing to see if i can reply to this
All part of the forum gremlins, Henrietta! They've been resident since the beginning of the month. The techies have been working on the problem, hopefully it will be resolved soon. Try clicking back on your browser and reloading the page again.

Melly1
Henrietta wrote:Not sure if I am going potty, but 3 times recently I have been on the forum, gone to reply and can find no reply button anywhere. It seems to come and go and yes I am signed in at the top of the forum. Any ideas?
if you can't see the reply button it means that the forum 'thinks' you are a guest ! (one of our current gremlins I' afraid Henrietta). Clicking on the refresh button or back button of your browser and trying again might work (it does for me sometimes !)
I typed in a lengthy response the other day but it never was posted. Too bad because I really didn't feel like composing it again. Shame on those gremlins!
Ahh thanks everyone, wondered if I had lost the plot as over tired. For once I'm glad its the Gremlins.
I just experienced the second time I tried to post on this site only to find that after pressing the submit button I got the message I couldn't post on the site. All of what I'd typed was lost. I was logged into the site before I started to type.

This is a very useful site but I could do without the frustration of composing a heartfelt entry only to have it all be for nothing!
It is the Gremlin Rosemary. It happened to me today. If it happens again, just use the back button and your post will be there and you can then submit it.
No need to log in and out.

The current Gremlin is different to the usual one where a long typed post goes missing, so if it's going to be long one, best to type it In word (or similar) first then cut and paste it

The current Gremlin says you cant read, or aren't authorised (cheeky beggar). The old long post problem just vanishes without any message
Yes, I wish I had cut and pasted! I do hope the website administrator is working to fix it. I did try pressing the back button but to no avail.
Rosemary, the techies are working to fix the problem.

Melly1