logging in

Includes forum rules and technical help.
I've just come home, read some forum messages without any problem, but then immediately afterwards couldn't log in again. A blue log in screen appeared, first it said my name was wrong, then I had to click on the forgotten password link to get a new password. Tried to use it and it said I was already logged in. What's going on?
BB
I don't know but wondering if you have this message?
I will also PM you as a test
Hi Pet, thanks, received that OK.
bowlingbun wrote:I've just come home, read some forum messages without any problem, but then immediately afterwards couldn't log in again. A blue log in screen appeared, first it said my name was wrong, then I had to click on the forgotten password link to get a new password. Tried to use it and it said I was already logged in. What's going on?
Hi BowlingBun,

Thanks for reporting this - I'm glad we have been able to identify the problem and start fixing it!

In this case, someone had been able to register on a test version of the Carers UK forum, and posted some spam messages. This generated an automated email that linked you through to this test version of the forum - which is why it was blue and looked different, and why it didn't recognise your log in details.

This test forum was safe to log in to - but not where you wanted to be! If you do ever follow a link to the forum and it looks different to how you expected (and we haven't told you to expect any changes!), don't log in and send us an email to let us know - forum@carersuk.org so we can investigate.

Thanks,

Kate