HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTOS TO THE FORUM (NOVEMBER 2017)

Includes forum rules and technical help.
MrsAverage wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:31 pm
Susie .
Photos don't work on jprosilver. Get HTTP error as it tries to update status
BUT I'm happy switching as necessary so don't worry about fixing it
Have you tried deleting cookies since the fix was made ?
It shouldn't be necessary to keep switching between board layouts to do different things - the plan is for comboot to be the default for all users.
Thanks for your additional comments. Great to see some nice photos and Pete's paintings.

I've a phone call booked with the IT developer at lunchtime today so will speak to him about the Comboot and jprosilver preferences. As susieq says, our preference would be for all members to use the Comboot version and to make this the default version - we just wanted to wait until all of the technical glitches were fixed on Comboot. However, it was helpful to hear that jprosilver works better on a tablet and I'll discuss this with him.

Michael
Melly1 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:38 pm
Nope STILL NOT working for me. I use an iPad. When I select, " add files" the red button turns blue, but nothing happens :roll: :(

The only way I can add a pic is changing to jprosilver, which looks like a photo within the post until I switch to comboot and then it appears as an attachment to open.

Melly1
Thanks Melly1 - I'll pass this onto the IT technician and let you know what he suggests.
tumblr_o19vklsU5r1qejbiro1_1280.jpg
Just testing .
This is what I see typing reply in Comboot uk
Only 3 lines
Not good
Screenshot_2017-11-08-21-29-54.png
This is what I see in jprosilver. Much better
Screenshot_2017-11-08-21-27-11.png
Jprosilver in landscape. Lots of lovely space
And its now working in an existing thread since clearing cookies

Attachments

One of the problems with members using different versions is that it makes it very difficult for Admin and Moderators to give advice when asked "how to do......................." type questions related to the forum. The layouts are different - tabs, links etc are in different places :roll:
Having different versions of the forum active at the same time may be rather unique.

Some readers and posters might prefer that , depending on preferences and ease for their use ?

A one size fits all is fine ... so is an option to stick with one in preference to the other ?

Leyton Orient fans forum ... JPROSILVER ( PhpBB ) to TAPATALK change recently ... postings have nose
dived even with a smooth changeover ( Still far in excess of those on this forum from a mere 700 or so )
... growing minority in favour of old board ( Users viewing across all main devices ) ... not quite a civil
war but opinion is mixed ... even beyond the usual " Eating their young. " ... not for the faint hearted
... watching the team is even worse !!!!

Just a suggestion ...
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

― John Lydgate

this was supposed to be an "instructional" topic that's why it's in the
"Your 'how to' guide for using the forum
Includes forum rules and technical help"
section of the forum

it's not another debate on the pros and cons of forum styling !
Again - please post any forum related problems in the appropriate topic here

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/social-a ... -you-30678
Will do.